I’ve written over and over again that EVERY small business owner should be a publisher. Selling products is silly but publishing great content around those products is smart. Content is king and queen as I (and Maisha Walker and Adria Richards) said at the Black Enterprise Entrepreneur’s Conference in Atlanta last week.
901am writes that Youtube’s daily viewing traffic went past 3Billion. With this statistic I’m even more convinced that instead of making cold calls all day – you should focus on publishing great content – blog, video, photos and generating inbound traffic (thanks Hubspot) to your web site.
- Creating online content is not hard. Here’s few tips:
- Be consistent. Don’t create content on an irregular basis
- Be topical and relevant. Only send content that’s of relevance to your audience.
- Be interesting. Use interesting headlines and have the content itself be exciting and informative.
Creating video content is very easy.
- I use a Kodak Ki8, with a shotgun microphone.
- Keep your video short and sweet
- Interview yourself (get a tripod) or even better interview your customers and/or experts
- Post your video to Youtube. There’s a lot more to consider but in a SHORT that’s about it.
You can see my video channel at http://www.youtube.com/smallbiztechnology
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- NEWS: Neglecting Website Basics Can Significantly Impact Sales - May 18, 2017
- News: U.S. Businesses Neglect a Major Information Security Risk - May 18, 2017
- News: Wix Launches SEO Tool and Google Integration - May 17, 2017