Executives who find themselves chasing an endless stream of emails that generate more emails that in-turn generate even more emails in an endless losing battle can use this week’s App of the Week. TimeMaker’s powerful email “task management” feature to free their time and allow them to concentrate on what is really important — the bottom line.
Although the powerful business application is loaded with more than 7,000 features designed to monitor, control and streamline every activity taking place in a successful business, (whether a sole proprietorship or a sprawling multinational conglomerate), according to Meir Ezra, president and founder of TimeMaker, LLC, it is TimeMaker’s unique ability to assist senior executives to keep their email inboxes empty, which sets it apart from other task management and personal efficiency programs.
“Email was a wonderful innovation for increasing productivity, but this wonderful idea has now turned around to strangle us, as it was not created to cater for the demanding business world of today,” Ezra says. “After all, email was invented 40 years ago and hasn’t changed much except for the designs of the interface graphics.”
Ezra also says that TimeMaker introduces a new concept in managing business communication. The application’s innovative concept for managing communication brings about unparallel ability to control, and hence produces measurable increases in effectiveness and efficiency in the small and large organizations that implement the software. After all – “control equals income,” he says.
TimeMaker is able to differentiate between messages containing information and messages pertaining to tasks, or as they are called in TimeMaker, production tasks, and ensures they get done on time and with no extra effort by the user.
“With TimeMaker, when an executive issues a production task (internally or externally), that task and its target completion date cannot be ignored, hidden, forgotten, or deleted,” says Ezra. “The production task remains in the system, graphically displayed until completed by the employee and officially acknowledged as completed by the executive who assigned it. Furthermore, the system helps the executive to enforce an on-time completion of each production task assigned.
“Some companies that we have trained on TimeMaker production tasking are reporting that for the first time ever their programs are coming in on time and on budget,” says Ezra.
Ezra says once a CEO and his employees understand how to keep their inboxes clean using the TimeMaker production tasking feature, the company is ready to begin implementing the rest of TimeMaker’s powerful features, which include:
- The Contacts module, containing contact details and other information about companies or individuals frequently interacted with. When used in combination with Microsoft Office Outlook, all Outlook contacts become available.
- The Matrix module, a revolutionary tool that graphically displays in calendar format all assigned in-progress, completed and overdue tasks, plans, e-mails, customer relations activity, workflow items and meetings both for the executive and for his juniors, departments or divisions.
- The Work Flow module, a powerful tool that ensures all internal and external processes are monitored, debugged when needed, and brought to successful completion.
- The Plans module, a comprehensive plan and project management tool which allows users to quickly create and manage strategic plans, tactical plans, operational plans, mini plans, projects and user defined plans.
- The Statistics module, a unique tool allowing executives to manage by facts and not by opinions or stories. Executives can graph, view and manage their team’s production statistics, enabling them to analyze historical performance and plan and predict future targets.
- The Meetings module is a powerful coordination tool. The Meeting module ensures meetings are scheduled, attendees invited and tasks assigned during the meeting are followed to completion. The module also ensures related meetings are linked to each other and much more.
- The Reports module contains user configured reports on all available data in system, such as hours worked, number of tasks in progress, payroll, etc.
- The Collaboration Maker is a versatile document monument module that allows employees and management to view, access and manage the company’s documents and files from any authorized computer in the world.
- The Organizational module ensures complex organizations are set up correctly with no missing or obsolete posts. It also shows where the company organizing chart and production flow lines can be viewed and managed.
- The Action List module displays the user’s production tasks assigned by self and by seniors.
- The Calendar module, which is the management center for the user’s appointments and task that are date and time dependent.
- The PerfectionMaker is a powerful and highly effective issue tracking and solving system that can be set up to effectively handle customer service calls, bugs (for developers), support and much more.
- The TimeMaker CRM module provides a powerful yet simple method of managing the sales cycle from the Public Relation stage to the Marketing to the sales Process.
- And much more…
“The spiritual condition of an executive is defined by the state of his inbox,” says Ezra. “A full inbox means an executive with a very short fuse, not very effective, and with no time to dream and envision new goals and new futures for his company.”
TimeMaker software is available in a Basic, Company, or Professional Version. Prices start at $19 per-month, per-user.
A free 15-day trial of TimeMaker and live phone support is available at www.timemaker.org.