They use a custom built application for registration (and other things) and this year one of their techies build an application that uses Twitter to provided regular updates to the registration team.
They are not using Twitter in a way you might recognize but used the Twitter “API” (application programming interface) to deliver status updates from the registration database to a giant screen in their registration room. Pretty neat.
Lesson learned is that you can leverage the power of many of the new tools on the market to extend the power of your current technology (even if it’s older technology) to help you do more with less, move faster and make smarter decisions.
Another example, FileMaker Pro (a relational database that’s been around for years) is used by many business way beyond just a boring office. Here’s how it works:
Acorn Rentals, a company that delivers no-charge rental cars across Australia, has adopted FileMaker Go for iPad. The company was able to create a custom customer-service solution for iPad in a few short days after struggling for months to develop a proprietary mobile solution.
Acorn provides rental cars to customers after an auto accident from more than 250 locations throughout Australia. With an iPad running FileMaker Go in hand, Acorn drivers enter customer and vehicle details directly into the firm’s main database at headquarters. The customer receives a copy of the documentation by e-mail.
• Business benefits:
– Better service: Customers get their replacement cars faster and easier and receive documentation through e-mail
– Reduced costs: Acorn extended its existing FileMaker Pro solution to the iPad, slashing ongoing IT overhead
– Increased driver productivity: No more clipboards or manual data entry
– Cut administrative overhead: Eliminated paper forms
What does this mean to you? Consider what technology you are currently using. Instead of throwing it all away, consider how you can connect it to new technology (be it smartphones, tablets or Twitter) to bring life and greater efficiency to your old technology.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- How Leaders Can Build a More Collaborative and Productive Virtual Team - September 15, 2017
- How to Create an Effective and Cohesive Online and Offline Marketing Strategy - September 15, 2017
- Salesforce Upgrade Its Customer Service Platform. Faster Setup Time. - July 27, 2017