Instead of having different programs to manage your finances, your projects, your CRM, and your sales, why not just roll them all into one? Well, that’s exactly the solution from WORKetc, which is a software platform that allows small businesses to manage their entire operations in one place. Smallbiztechnology.com sat down with Dan Barnett, the founder of WORKetc, to give a little bit more about what the company offers small and medium-sized businesses.
1. What is the benefit of an “all in one” business management solutions, as opposed to a business using several different solutions for various aspects of their business?
There are 3 key benefits:
1. Everything is just going to work. You don’t have to worry about integrations or transferring data between systems. That same lead you just entered can be used to create a project, ship a product, issue an invoice and solve support issues. No double entry, no integration headaches.
2. Everything is just smoother. No need to log in and out of different applications; probably trying to remember different credentials for each. Just stay in the single application and do everything you need to do. More efficient, save time.
3. Real time birds-eye view of your entire business. With everything in your business going through the single online platform, business owners can take a 10,000 foot view of what is happening in their business, in real time. From there a business owner can drill down to specific areas (ie customer support, sales, projects) and then down into individual activities. And of course, being web based means that everyone working on the business can be remote.
2. There are leaders in all the spaces in which Worketc offers a solution for, what makes Work etc better?
Well, we actually use WORKetc to manage WORKetc. All day, every day. What this means is if something isn’t working, or if it could be done a better way, then we’re not only going to know about it, but chances are we’re going to already be working on improving it.
And again I’ve got to come back to the one-system-for-all approach. There may well be leaders for all the spaces we compete in, but try managing a project through your CRM? Or billing a customer for a monthly subscription through your project software. It really is all about efficiency and having everything in the one place.
3. How easy is it to export all of my data out of Worketc, if I wish to switch services?
Any information that can be viewed on screen can be exported as a PDF, Excel or Word document. And for additional piece of mind, at any time you can download your entire, discrete SQL database file.
Worketc starts at $39 per user, per month, and offers a 14-day free trial. There are additional costs for training and setup, but the company does offer discounts if you provide a positive review, or if your business is facing hard times.
Latest posts by Allison Midori Reilly (see all)
- Why Bloggers Need Website Security - June 22, 2012
- QR Code Security Best Practices - May 2, 2012
- 3 Easy Ways to Prevent Your Data from Being Tracked - April 11, 2012