We’ve covered document management solutions quite a bit on smallbiztechnology.com. But each time we read about clear and compelling evidence of how much it really helps a small business owner it’s important to share it with you.
Cabinet NG, makers of document management solutions helped Kauai Habitat for Humanity increase its work flow, obtain remote access to documents, save space and a lot more.
Habitat for Humanity wears many hats – besides being an affordable home builder, they are also a land developer, mortgage lender, and social services provider. Additionally, they solicit and manage grants/loans from individuals, foundations and some government funds and are in charge of the reporting associated with them. As you can imagine, the management and filing of paper associated with these tasks can be overwhelming. The organization sought out a solution that would allow them to improve their daily tasks and continue to deliver their services without having to hire more staff or compromise performance.
Here are some of the benefits Habitat for Humanity received from its document management system. See how these benefits (and more) could be realized by your busienss;
- Budget/cost – increasing work output without extra hiring; For Kauai, its quality of service to its “customers” has increased. They now have more time to complete actual services because the paperwork and necessary documents are now easily accessible through their computers.
- Instant and remote access to all documents that were once manually filed and difficult to find. Since all employees work within CNG, information can be easily retrieved without asking staff to send or pull files from filing cabinets.
- Kauai went from having 15 file cabinets down to 4 which they use to store the current year’s files only.
- Integrates nicely with Kauai’s accounting software (Microsoft business solution, Navision) which enables users to quickly collect receipts and expenses for reporting.
- During audits, auditors have access to all of the organization’s records, deposits, disbursement, grants, etc. via remote access, thereby saving the organization money on multiple on-site visits and travel expenses.
These are just a few of the specific benefits that document manage solutions can provide to small businesses. So before you send your next Tweet – why not look around at all the paper in your office and see how you can improve it with a document mangement solutions.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- 3 Reasons Invoicing Apps Are Essential For Fledgling Businesses - November 28, 2016
- Don’t Let Technology Create Blinders On Your Perspective. Every Leader’s Nightmare. - November 27, 2016
- Video Humanizes Your Brand: 3 Tips To Use It For Your Business. - November 4, 2016