Last week I was at an event by eMazzanti Technologies celebrating 10 years of service. Companies like eMazzanti who have founders who would rather “die” than fail or do wrong to a customer are what you want to find.
If your IT consultant is ignoring you or not delivering the results you think you should be getting, find another one.
Here’s 5 traits of a good IT consultant:
- They take the time to know your business
- They take the time to LISTEN to you
- They proactively get involved in your business technology before their is a problem
- They explore a variety of solutions and options to find what’s best for you
- They respond in a timely manner and treat your business needs as if they were the most important
Other big advantages to using a big, national VAR:
They offer one-stop shopping for a wide range of technologies and products
- Typically offer warranties
- Often offer financing
- Typically offer training programs to help you and your staff learn how to use the new technology
- They’re typically more financially stable and therefore more likely to remain in business
The advantages to working with a smaller, local VAR:
- Typically offers more personal service, and often more prompt to respond to questions and problems
- Typically more focused on a specific technology and often on a specific industry as well. A VAR specializing in your industry can be far more useful than a VAR who focuses only on the technologies they sell
- In today’s economy, smaller VARs are more likely to negotiate price than are national VARs
Abbie Hosta is the marketing manager at Accellis Technology Group, an IT services firm specializing in serving law firms and professional organizations. Not surprisingly, when it comes to choosing a VAR, she advocates hiring a specialist rather than a generalist.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Advice from the 2017 SXSW Dell Experience: How to Pitch a Complex Business - March 30, 2017
- The Experience: Dell Showcases the Power of Technology at SXSW 2017 - March 28, 2017
- Accounting Gets Artificial Intelligence: Xero’s New Service - March 16, 2017