You have your business website, started using social networking website like Facebook, Twitter to promote your business, but you are not able to win customers. You know why this is so? It is because your online marketing techniques are not as effective as they should be.
Many small businesses are using the internet as a way to improve their marketing campaigns and increase their search ranking and business. But, to use online marketing effectively, you need to be sure you are using the right SEO (search engine optimization) techniques like keywords.
The keywords are vital words that describe your product or business and that people are likely to type into the search engines when they are searching for a product or a service online. Having the right keywords defined for your business will enable your customers to find your website quicker when using a search engine and it can also help you have a higher ranking in the search results. A high ranking is page 1 or 2 in the Google search results, for example (of course, you should always be shooting for the first page). Here are some guidelines that you should consider before choosing keywords for your business:
1. It is important to choose the right keywords that define your business or the right keyword phrases that are currently being used. Using outdated keywords will result in a low search ranking.
2. It is highly recommended to do some keyword research for your business or service to find out the keywords currently being used for your products and concentrate on them to drive up your traffic and business. Also check to see where your business currently ranks using those same keywords
3. Google is the most popular search engine and they also provide a service for keyword research. The Google Keyword Tool will give you an idea of how much traffic the keywords you want to use are generating. You can also type in a website and see the keywords associated with it. You can see exactly what the keyword trends are for your particular line of business and once you find the most popular keywords you want to incorporate them into your website.
4. Good places to include keywords would be in your blog, on every page of web content, and on the press releases you send. Then, when you customer searches the words, your pages will appear in the results list on Google.
5. Another handy research tool is Google Trends and you can use this for seeing keyword trends and keyword phrases. After typing in your keywords you can see a graphic display showing the data for the keyword search for the complete year. This is an excellent way to see seasonal trends, for example, and see what keywords are being used the most at different periods during the year.
Keyword research is an important part of your online marketing campaign. It is also important to keep track of the keyword trends as they can often change and this can affect the amount of traffic your website will get and also influence your position in the search rankings.