As business travel expenses go up, it gets harder not only to track those expenses, but to track the employees making those expenses. Especially if you’re a small or medium-sized business with multiple employees making trips at once, it can be difficult for you or your staff to keep track of who’s traveling where and when.
Chatham Financial, a highly successful financial services company, recently faced the very common problem of managing employees’ business travels—and as the company expanded and more employees were traveling, it became apparent Chatham needed a comprehensive and efficient solution. That’s when Chatham adopted TripIt for Business in an attempt to solve their travel organization woes. TripIt for Business is an online service to help organize travel for your office. Admins and office managers (travel admins) can make itineraries for the travelers in their office. Travelers can see their itineraries anywhere, anytime, online or on the smartphone of their choice through the Tripit Business Dashboard. Admins can also make custom groups to allow co-workers in a group to view each other’s plans on a calendar or map.
The results for Chatham Financial?
- Chatham was able to fully roll-out the service for 50+ travelers in one week.
- Since implementing TripIt for Business, Chatham’s travel arrangers have saved nearly a full workday every week in time previously spent managing travel plans for more than 50 employees, and organizing an average of 100+ confirmation emails every month.
- With TripIt’s free mobile apps, employees have access to complete trip details on the go.
- Travel arrangers use TripIt for Business to organize those 100+ confirmation emails. Since TripIt recognizes travel confirmation emails from more than 3,000 booking vendors, no process changes or training were necessary. Just forward confirmations to email@example.com, and everything’s put together into one organized itinerary.
“Tripit for Business helps our travelers stay on time and where they need to be with its key features for road warrieros,” said Susan Salman, Travel Coordinator for Chatham. “It has simplified every aspect of our travel process. TripIt for Business offered us real solutions for real challenges.”
TripIt for Business has four separate plans, ranging from $29 a month for up to 10 users, to $159 a month for up to 100 users. There is a 30-day free trial. Travelers do not have to pay anything extra to use TripIt on their smartphones, desktops, or online calendars.
Latest posts by Allison Midori Reilly (see all)
- Why Bloggers Need Website Security - June 22, 2012
- QR Code Security Best Practices - May 2, 2012
- 3 Easy Ways to Prevent Your Data from Being Tracked - April 11, 2012