Social media marketing gives small business a chance to play “David” against a big business “Goliath.”
To make social media marketing work, the small business always has to be one step ahead in this game.
Small businesses must not only be familiar with Facebook, Twitter or Google+, but other social media tools that make social media marketing easier.
Business2Community recently compiled their list of “10 Great Social Media Tools For Businesses”:
(1) HOOT SUITE: Manage up to 5 social networks for free at this website at the same time. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Ping.Fm, WordPress and Foursquare are among the social networks you can link to through Hoot Suite.
(2) WILDFIRE: Gives you the opportunity to offer discounts, promotions and even contests via your social media channels. Small businesses can use these contests to attract new customers, introduce their product catalogs or grow their mailing list for a newsletter.
(3) SOCIAL MENTION: Allows you to track when your company’s name is mentioned on the Internet. This site gives a small business person a chance to respond instantly to comments about your brand.
(4) MyTWEETSPACE: Lets you customize your Twitter background and upload it to your Twitter account. A small business can create a unified marketing campaign from their website via their Twitter account.
(5) TWELLOW: This is a “yellow pages” for Twitter. Link your Twitter account, then fill out a profile so other users in your industry can locate you.
(6) TWIBES: Connect your Twitter account, then list up to 10 industries you’re connected to. This allows you to expand your network, follow larger groups of people and they can follow you.
(7) WELCOME APLET: Allows small businesses to promote themselves on Facebook. Place your company’s logo, videos, run contests or automatically enter users in drawings by clicking your page’s like button.
(8) BITly: Allows you to track how many people view your links through various social networks & offers great analytics.
(9) KLOUT: Gives you a rough idea how your social media marketing campaign is working. Such as how many times your posts have been shared and how many actual followers you have. Klout’s unique algorithm takes this data into account to give a small business answers to big questions.
(10) SCREENR: Lets you screencast 24/7 to any of your followers on Twitter, your iPhone or anywhere. Nothing to download, just record your screencast and blast it through the Internet.
Use one or more of these 10 social media marketing tools, but don’t become too comfortable with them.
Somewhere, a great mind is coming up with a new social media marketing tool to make this top 10 obsolete.
For a small business, new and improved online marketing tools only makes it easier to increase your social media hustle and cash flow in a 24/7 universe.
Latest posts by Jordan Brown (see all)
- Connect With Your Customers: Tips On Delivering What They Want and Avoiding What Turns Them Away - April 26, 2012
- Internet Security Madness Lasts Far Longer Than March Madness - April 9, 2012
- Are You Tracking Your Online Reputation? Here Are Three Services That Can Help You Keep A Good Rep! - April 5, 2012