However, with the rise of social media, Constant Contact is seeing that email marketing alone is not enough.
Constant Contact examined results data from small businesses and nonprofits that have combined their email marketing with social media marketing to those using only email marketing. Key findings include:
- Faster list growth: From June 2010 through August 2011, those using both social media and email marketing saw 14.43 percent list growth, while those using only email marketing saw 8.96 percent list growth.
- Larger average list size: Those using both tactics have email lists that are 53 percent larger on average than their email-only counterparts.
- High click-through rates: The average click-through rate for those using both email and social media marketing was 59.3 basis points higher than for those using email only.
So stop tossing coins in your office over which one to go with – email marketing or social media. Instead spend your time thinking about how to have an integrated approach to marketing using BOTH email marketing and social media marketing.
· Read about a recent Aberdeen Group study that found Constant Contact email marketing customers outperform their peers: http://conta.cc/j2Wq5u
· Learn more about how email marketing and social media marketing go hand-in-hand and check out success stories from real small businesses: http://conta.cc/dkEX5r
· Get started with Social Media Quickstarter from Constant Contact: http://conta.cc/odQKsR
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Blockchain Is The New Hype Machine Small Businesses Should Ignore - May 19, 2018
- 5 Technologies every Entrepreneur Should Invest In - May 16, 2018
- How Has Technology Impacted Your Business? - May 14, 2018