Sage North America has announced the new Sage ACT! 2012 contact and customer manager plus Sage ACT! Connect1, a Sage Connected Service that lets users access their Sage ACT! contact records and calendar items from virtually anywhere. Sage ACT! 2012 feature additions include Gmail®, Google® Contacts and Google Calendar™ integration, expanded and faster universal search capabilities and a virtual notepad2, among other enhancements that allow Sage ACT! to function as the sales and marketing command center for small and mid-sized businesses.
Sage ACT! is used by over 2.8 million individuals and 59,000 companies, so this new Google Integration helps users manage business and personal Gmail, Google Contacts and Google Calendar details within Sage ACT!, or vice versa.
“Small businesses have many technology choices and turnkey systems that can serve as their sales management activity hub are very appealing,” said Laurie McCabe, co-founder and analyst with SMB Group. “Applications like Sage ACT! that continue delivering new functionality SMBs and start-ups find most useful, such as Google Apps integration and improved mobile support, add quantifiable value for businesses where everyone needs it most, on the front line.”
New Sage ACT! 2012 features and enhancements include:
- Google Integration allow users to send and receive messages in Gmail, even via a registered business domain email address, and then the history is recorded in the corresponding Sage ACT! contact record. Users can sync all or a subset of Sage ACT! contacts with Google, sync Sage ACT! and Google calendars manually or automatically, and choose which Sage ACT! activity types sync to Google as well as clear activities from either application.
- Sage ACT! Connect is a cloud-based subscription service that lets users access and edit Sage ACT! contacts and calendar data virtually anywhere via smartphones including BlackBerry®, Windows Mobile® and Android™, and web browsers including Internet Explorer®, Firefox®, Google Chrome™ and Safari® on laptops and tablets like the iPad®3. Users can also keep Google® and Yahoo!® contacts in Sage ACT! Connect and link Facebook®pictures to contacts.
- Universal Search helps users find key documents or pieces of information within Sage ACT! contacts, groups, companies, opportunities, notes, history and attachments. Users can further filter search criteria by date, then display results by relevance and click items of interest to go to those fields or attachments.
- Sage ACT! Scratchpad4 lets users capture impromptu notes, phone numbers and personal reminders with or without opening Sage ACT!. Users can prioritize and check off items once completed, print lists and push tasks requiring follow-up into Sage ACT!. Items can be sent to Sage ACT! as activities, notes, history and assigned to specific contacts.
In addition to Sage ACT! Connect, other subscription-based Sage Connected Services available for use with Sage ACT! include Sage E-marketing for ACT! to help design, automate and track email campaigns, and Sage Business Info Services for ACT! to identify new selling opportunities by importing targeted prospect lists from Hoover’s™.
Latest posts by Allison Midori Reilly (see all)
- Why Bloggers Need Website Security - June 22, 2012
- QR Code Security Best Practices - May 2, 2012
- 3 Easy Ways to Prevent Your Data from Being Tracked - April 11, 2012