We all know that Facebook is fast approaching 1 billion users. Twitter conversations are humming along nicely. LinkedIn continues to be the premium network for professionals to connect.
However, what you may not know is there is an under current of companies who are choosing to NOT use Facebook (or compliment Facebook) in favor of using private social networks to grow their audiences within a more private and controlled wall.
At a one time cost of $30,000 and a monthly charge of $3,500 Contain is not cheap. But if you’re a high end retailer (or other service) and want to build a serious online network, this could be an investment that’s worth it.
Contain said that there are three main advantages to using a private network:
- Brands gets a real say and control in the design (aka look and feel) of their social community, whereas they’d be held to several restrictions from both Facebook and Twitter
- Brands can advertise within their Contain community (in-community advertising = increased web traffic, online + offline sales and ROI among their true purchasers/audience)
- Brands can minimize the risk of negative publicity among consumers, media, stakeholders, etc
While I think most business owners would be best using a public network like Facebook or Twitter, some brands, especially depending on their goals and customer profile might want to consider a private network.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Talk Triggers. Get New Customers with Word of Mouth Marketing? New Book by Jay Baer and Daniel Lemin - September 24, 2018
- Better and Easier Wifi Management with Linksys Cloud Manager - September 20, 2018
- How A Beauty Company Keeps Its Tech Edge – CTO Interview. Outsource and Get Expert Help. - September 18, 2018