A. You go to a grimy part of town and are looking to buy fresh milk in a grimy store.
B. You go to an upscale part of town and are looking to buy fresh milk in a well lit, upscale store.
Which store makes you feel better about buying the milk?
I bet store B – the store and location that looked safe and overall would have real tasty fresh milk.
This is the experience your customers feel when they visit your online store to purchase something.
There are a LOT of competitors online, only a mouse click away and if you can show that YOUR store is safe and worthy of their purchase you’ll get more sales – assuming all the other things are correct about your web site, like the navigation and so much more.
Symantec’s Verisign , which competes directly with Truste, reminds that a 3rd party mark of security (which Verisign and other companies sell) helps your customers know your web site is safe. This trust mark is only placed on web sites that have received varying degrees of security audits and safety checks.
Symantec reminds shoppers that they should look for the following when shopping online, are you providing these to your customers:
• A recognized third-party trust mark indicating that the website has undergone rigorous malware scanning and is therefore safe and secure. Trust seals provide clickable, dynamic, real-time proof that a website provides a secure connection and protects online transactions involving confidential data.
• Ensure you are connected to a legitimate website. A great indicator of this is in the browser address bar. Look for the HTTP to change to HTTPS and look for the address bar or a tab on that bar to turn green. The HTTPS indicates that your information will be encrypted in transit and the green bar indicates that this web site has gone through a rigorous identity validation check by a third party.
• Make sure you update to the latest version of your browser, have accepted all the latest updates, and have enabled certificate checking in your browser. Browsers have come a long way in recent years, especially when it comes to security. Older browsers and browsers that don’t have the latest security updates are targeted.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Why I Hired a Sales Coach & Why You Should, Too - October 11, 2018
- The Advantages of Opening a Merchant Account. A Global Perspective. - October 4, 2018
- Talk Triggers. Get New Customers with Word of Mouth Marketing? New Book by Jay Baer and Daniel Lemin - September 24, 2018