When online shoppers are in a rush to buy gifts for their friends and families this holiday season they have a lot of online choices. If your web site is slow and not able to handle the extra traffic visitors will quickly click away from your web site – to your competition.
Keynote, who does web site testing and management says:
- Connected and Mobile Website Speed and Reliability Will be of Pivotal Importance during the 2011 Online Holiday Shopping Season
- 60 Million Consumers to Shop via Mobile over Thanksgiving Weekend; Biggest Season Yet
- Over $40 Billion Expected in Ecommerce Sales This Holiday Season
Their press release reads:
A slow or non-performing Web or mobile site can easily mean tens of millions of dollars in lost business with consumers taking their online dollars elsewhere.
And this year mobile Websites are expected to be under more pressure than ever before to perform fast and reliably given a new report from InMobi which reports that Black Friday and Cyber Monday will see an estimated 60 million consumers using their mobile devices to shop, research purchases or seek retail information.
You can find lots of details about the speed of your web site by using Keynote or Pingdom . Talk to a reliable web site consultant who can help you improve your web site’s speed. While you’re at it, make sure you ensure your web site is secure, easy to navigate and optimized for holiday shopping.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Vistaprint Report Says Many Consumers Will Shop More Small Businesses in 2018 - October 2, 2017
- Kensington Announces Ultimate Presenter with Virtual Pointer - October 2, 2017
- Zoho Enables Real Time Messaging with Cliq - October 1, 2017