LinkedIn is the true business social networking site. As a result, Linkedin tweaks its features for businesses to really benefit. The LinkedIn company page has a few new enhancements that all business owners want to take advantage of. If you haven’t taken advantage of LinkedIn company pages quite yet, then this is the time to! LinkedIn right now in uncharted territory, so it would be very easy for you to become a thought leader in your industry.
Here is a quick walkthrough of LinkedIn’s company page:
Create a company page: For those of you who haven’t created a company page, go to the company page which you can do on the top right of the page under the search toolbar.
Add a Company and fill in the fields with your company information.
New features in company page to keep an eye on:
-Peep over on the top left of the page and you’ll notice 4 new features which include:
Overview, Careers, Products and Services, and Analytics.
The Careers Section:
-Allows employers to post jobs. This paid service has various rates which employers can look into before using the feature.
The Product and Services section:
–Lets companies fill in brief descriptions of what they offer.
-Allows reader to click onto specific excerpts for more information. This is where employers can fill in more details on their products.
-With a recommend button, readers can recommend the product or service to their network (similar to the concept of word of mouth referral)
– Make sure to connect this page with your sales team. When the team is on a call, they can send potential customers to the LinkedIn product pages. What a great way to give potential customers the information they need!
The Analytics feature:
-Let’s administrators of the company page see stats on page views, unique visitors, and products and services visited.
-Similar to the “Who’s visited your profile page,” the Analytics page lets you keep tabs on customer leads.
– Unsure of how to get leads in the first place? Then, here are six ways to use LinkedIn for lead generation.
-Last but not least, the administrator tool for the Company page allows employers to now:
-Designate other company page administrators (which you can search from your Linkedin contacts).
– You must have a LinkedIn personal account in order to start your page. Make sure that when you start your company page, you add the rest of your employees, as well as yourself. All of them must have LinkedIn accounts as well (and you must be connected to them in order to add them to the company page).
The LinkedIn company page features are something every small business owner should take advantage of. A great way to build your brand is by creating a company page on Linkedin, where your company info and customer prospects are all in the same place!
Latest posts by Sana Ahmed (see all)
- A Quick Walkthrough of the Linkedin Company Page - December 28, 2011
- Quick Insights on Twitter’s Advertising Program - December 21, 2011
- [Insights] Top 5 Uses for Tablets & Small Business Applications - November 28, 2011