Smallbiztechnology.com’s own Ramon Ray speaks with Deborah Shane of Metropolis Today about small business technology trends and changes. Technology is continually changing, and it’s sometimes good to boil this information down to a few key points.
Ray emphasizes how easy it is to start and to run a business these days with technology, and that it’s cheaper than ever to test a business model or to try selling a new product. He also mentions mobile technology, and how tablets and smartphones are much more than devices to have fun with, but devices with which to conduct business. Ray also points out that there’s a competitive factor in keeping up with technology, as the market can no longer support those who don’t have technology, or those who refuse to embrace it.
Ray also offers three tips to small business owners in how to embrace technology and to better use it to their advantage:
– Hire help and get a referral
– Take social media seriously as a business tool i.e email marketing, Twitter
– Upgrade your sites and content
Listen to the full interview here.
Latest posts by Allison Midori Reilly (see all)
- Why Bloggers Need Website Security - June 22, 2012
- QR Code Security Best Practices - May 2, 2012
- 3 Easy Ways to Prevent Your Data from Being Tracked - April 11, 2012