Constant Contact put together a neat infographic about email marketing which has some useful “hmm…I didn’t know that” stats that you might find useful and you’ll certainly find interesting.
Here’s a few data points:
By the end of 2011, 200 billion permission based emails will have been sent in the US
Each of our email addresses gets three permission based email marketing messages a day (there were 2 in 2009)
Constant Contact’s customers sent 30 billions emails in 2011 (up from 28 billion in 2010)
Why Is Email A Great Marketing Tool:
– It gets great response rates (email gets 20%+ while a paper direct mail campaign gets 1%+)
– It’s easier to measure
– It’s the first thing people check
– From Jan – June 2011 email with social media amplification links got 10 million additional impressesions
I could go on…the facts speak for themselves. Email is still a great way to market, just make sure you do it BETTER in 2011 and get help from your email marketing service.
And the most popular email password is 123456!
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Vistaprint Report Says Many Consumers Will Shop More Small Businesses in 2018 - October 2, 2017
- Kensington Announces Ultimate Presenter with Virtual Pointer - October 2, 2017
- Zoho Enables Real Time Messaging with Cliq - October 1, 2017