An article on Allthings Digital reports that mobile commerce and overall online commerce is growing, but the price of each purchase is lower.
This is an opportunity for small businesses that you should consider taking advantage of.
Since it’s easier and easier to make and sell an ebook and other digital goods and since there are so many more ways to spread content related to what you are selling it behooves every business owner to consider selling digital items to customers and potential customers.
PayPal is still a very easy way to sell anything online.
Shopify, Etsy , Amazon.com and dozens of others make it easy to create an online store (I’m in fact doing pro bono work and helping a small business owner who makes hand made organic soap sell online)
These are just a very, very few of the resources that are available for any small business owner to use to selling online and manage the money you’ll make online.
Although there are several reasons that digital payment amounts are decreasing, such as these reasons listed in the Allthings Digital article:
- More consumers are purchasing digital media, which has a lower price point than most physical goods — MP3s cost less than CDs, e-books cost less than paperbacks, and apps cost less than game cartridges.
- Prices for popular electronics, such as tablets, e-readers and TVs, are falling.
- More retailers are offering free shipping, which eliminates the incentive to fill carts to reach a free-shipping threshold.
These reasons are also opportunities for you to leverage.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- 3 Reasons Invoicing Apps Are Essential For Fledgling Businesses - November 28, 2016
- Don’t Let Technology Create Blinders On Your Persepctive. Every Leader’s Nightmare. - November 27, 2016
- Video Humanizes Your Brand: 3 Tips To Use It For Your Business. - November 4, 2016