Security is an essential part of your small-business infrastructure, yet many of us don’t take the time to properly protect our digital assets. Effective protection includes backup, prevention of unauthorized data access and detection of malware and viruses.
Data security is not the only reason to take steps to protect your business. You’re also protecting the privacy of your customers and employees, ensuring that their personal lives are protected.
Most of the time, nothing goes wrong. Despite coffee spills and power outages, our computers churn happily along. It’s easy to get complacent.
But your business can be in chaos for days when something does go wrong. One good virus, Trojan or malware attack is all it takes.
The bad guys keep getting better at what they do. The responsible business owner has to be up-to-date on the most current defensive tools for internet security and virus protection.
3 types of solutions for your business
As you review your options for implementing business-data security, decide which of three configurations is right for your business.
- Individual software that protects each computer. Many very small businesses go this route, installing a product like Norton or a free version of AVG on every computer. These solutions work pretty well.
- Robust, managed security solution. Growing businesses with multiple staff and computers need more than individual software. Consider installing a more robust, managed security solution.
Managed security solutions that are hosted. When these systems are in place, you have no software to install. Your traffic is routed through your security service, which scans and stops security threats before they enter your network. One caveat: If some software is locally accessed, through a USB drive for instance, you’ll need to install protection on your local computer.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- 4 Tips for Staying Safe on a Public Computer - January 20, 2017
- 5 Tips To Choosing Your Marketing Automation Provider - December 16, 2016
- GoDaddy Enhances Mobile Shopping With ApplePay and Shopping Cart Intelligence - December 14, 2016