E-mail marketing is one of the best ways to nurture relationships with customers and potential customers. Although social media is hot, e-mail marketing has an important role to play in online marketing and content distribution.
Why e-mail marketing is important
- Speed: It’s instantaneous.
- Efficiency: Send one e-mail or 1,000 e-mails with one mouse click.
- Management tools: Track who receives your mail, who reads it and what they do next.
- Coverage: Most everyone reads their e-mail.
- History: E-mail is in your inbox, while social media is dynamic. If you miss a Tweet, it’s gone.
These factors explain why e-mail marketing is a popular way to reach out to new and existing customers electronically. It’s a way to send word of deals, reward loyalty or simply get your brand message in front of new eyes.
The Direct Marketing Association reports that 23.8 percent of marketing e-mails were opened in the most recent quarter, up 7.1 percent from the previous quarter. E-mail is bringing in $40.56 for every dollar spent on it in 2011, compared to catalogs’ ROI of $7.30, according to DMA.
“As we come to the end of 2011, e-mail is not just alive, it’s thriving,” said Martin Lieberman, a managing editor with e-mail marketing vendor Constant Contact. “More messages are being sent, [and] people say they prefer e-mail over other communications methods.”
Tempted? Many services help small businesses start an e-mail marketing campaign. Here are five popular ones.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Vistaprint Report Says Many Consumers Will Shop More Small Businesses in 2018 - October 2, 2017
- Kensington Announces Ultimate Presenter with Virtual Pointer - October 2, 2017
- Zoho Enables Real Time Messaging with Cliq - October 1, 2017