Once in a while it’s good to NOT look at technology and think about the non-technology parts of our business lives.
I just read Carol Roth’s The Entrepreneur Equation. Every budding entrepreneur should read this book before throwing away the 9-to-5 (or 9-to-9) job and working for themselves.
Carol’s 280-plus page book clearly lays out what it takes to be an entrepreneur. It asks the tough questions you should ask yourself before you decide if being an entrepreneur is for you. The book helps you answer these five basic questions.
- What is your motivation?
- Is this the right time?
- Do you have the right personality?
- What is the business opportunity?
- Have you assessed the risks and rewards?
I’ve had a full-time job. I built my business while I had a full-time job. Then I left my job to run my business (Smallbiztechnology.com) full time. So, this book really hits home with me. I know that Carol’s five questions are important.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Better and Easier Wifi Management with Linksys Cloud Manager - September 20, 2018
- How A Beauty Company Keeps Its Tech Edge – CTO Interview. Outsource and Get Expert Help. - September 18, 2018
- 7 Steps to Creating Your Own Startup - September 13, 2018