For example, so many folks are quite comfortable with their relatively new iPad 2 tablet, but yet others are fretting that maybe their tablet’s are old since it’s rumored that Apple will soon launch the iPad 3.
I’m writing to tell you that no matter what technology you buy or when you buy it there will always be new technology that comes out – making what you buy feel obsolete and a bit “old”.
To prevent you feeling too bad when new technology comes out, keep these things in mind:
- Have a technology road map, aligned with your own business growth so your purchases are not impulses but purposeful.
- Know as much about the technology you are buying so you know that it’s the best technology for YOU at the time
- Ensure technology you buy can grow with your business and that in 6 months, you’ll still be happy with it.
- Get the most out of the technology you have. Too many times, we throw away our new technology, once it gets a bit old, but there is so much more we can get out of the technology if we take the time to learn how to use it.
- Learn how to get new life out of old technology. Maybe you bought a tablet with no built in cellular capability. Guess what? Buy a wireless broadband card and you’ll have portable Internet access everywhere.
- Don’t be a guinea pig. Let others buy version 1.0 of technology and test it out. This way you’ll know what to buy and what to avoid.