I was talking to my sister last week and we were discussing that what’s frustrating about not getting picked up at an airport is not when the person is late to pick you up it’s that they do not communicate to you that they are late. Or you’re in the hospital and sick. The worry is often not what’s wrong with you it’s that you don’t know what’s wrong with you.
Companies providing services to small businesses will succeed as they clearly communicate with their customers and give customers expectation that the online services will get better and better.
This weekend I was extremely pissed off with an email marketing service so pissed off that I’m switching services. I’m sure you’ve had experiences like that.
On the other hand I’ve used many great services such as Eventbrite for event management and am happy to see their continual migration of new features – never fast enough for me or other customers.
Another service that I used is BatchBook which is a great tool for managing who your customers are. Pamela O’Hara, co-founder and president of the company wrote in a recent blog post that they would be rolling out some new features. New features in and of itself are exciting but what’s more exciting is that the co-founder let the customers know what to expect and how things would be done.
If you’re using a service where the company is
a) not listening to you
b) does not make reasonable efforts to do what you want or help you
c) does not communicate what updates are coming
d) can’t do what you and other users want
e) has no road map for continued improvement
You need to leave them.
You’ll waste your time sticking with a company trying to do all sorts of workarounds when there is another competitor who can provide you with a better service for probably even a better price!
- We will begin introducing the new Batchbook at the end next month. We will start migrating accounts shortly thereafter, and it may take up to several months for all existing accounts to be migrated.
- The initial release will contain those features used by the greatest number of account holders. We will continue developing the additional features and releasing them in the new Batchbook as they are available.
- We will prioritize the order in which existing accounts are migrated to the new design based on the feature set currently being utilized by that account.
- You will be notified directly and will be able to preview the new Batchbook before you are migrated, though you will not be able to switch back and forth between the old and new systems.
- We will be maintaining and supporting the old Batchbook accounts until all have been migrated.
- If you are using the Batchbook API, you will be given early access to the new API. We will be contacting those accounts in the next few weeks. If you do not hear from us, please write in to email@example.com to let us know you need the access.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Better and Easier Wifi Management with Linksys Cloud Manager - September 20, 2018
- How A Beauty Company Keeps Its Tech Edge – CTO Interview. Outsource and Get Expert Help. - September 18, 2018
- 7 Steps to Creating Your Own Startup - September 13, 2018