If you’re marketing to EVERYONE on your email list the same way, you are wasting your time or at least you’re not marketing as effectively as you could if you had rich demographic information on your readers.
If you are a real estate agent in Boston, it might be useful to know that 13% of your readers are from New York City so you could better target them with home buying information to their region. Maybe you’ve sell hair products. Black folks (like me) have different hair than White folks do. You need to not sell all your customers the same hair products but instead segment your list and sell products to the appropriate customers by their hair type which is largely a reflection of our diverse ethnicity. Get it?
This is very hard to do. However, There’s a neat tool in Constant Contact’s market place, RapLeaf that can help. For free this tool will segment your list by gender and age.
What are some of the benefits?
- Create email lists segmented by age and gender to create more relevant and effective emails
- Access charts showing the demographic breakdown of your subscribers by income, marital status, etc.
- Increase the number of newsletter signups by asking for less demographic info and instead use Rapleaf to discover that data
- Understand the demographic attributes associated with your best subscribers
- Improve customer service through enhanced insights on individual subscribers
How does RapLeaf do it?
RapLeaf told me:
“Our data comes from publicly available sources and is also licensed from traditional direct mail data companies. The Rapleaf difference is that we key off of email (we have 2.7B emails in our database), aggregate thousands of direct mail data sources, and make that data available real-time in great modern applications like Constant Contact (to small businesses). It’s also important to note that most clients won’t have the demographic info—that’s where we come in! They don’t have to bother their customers asking for the information and making them fill out more forms because they can use Rapleaf to get the data.”
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- How Animations Can Help Your Business – 7 Ways - July 16, 2018
- LinkedIn’s Newest Hiring Services Help Smaller Businesses Hire Smarter - July 11, 2018
- Using Reddit In Your Content Strategy - July 7, 2018