However, when it comes time to make a strong CONNECTION with someone else it’s often an email (or a text) that does the trick.
I Tweet lots of people. My friend Tim Berry (@timberry) guru of business plans. Or mister social CRM himself Brent Leary (@brentleary).
However, when it comes time to get serious work done, an email to someone is much more effective than a Tweet or Facebook post and this is why email marketing is still so important.
While social media has it’s place for engaging on audience socially, email still is the most effective tool for direct communication with an audience of one or thousands. Furthermore, there are lots of tools you can use, beyond just your email client, to use email even more effectively.
Why is email so effective:
- Email is static. Meaning, it lands in someone’s email box and unless they’re filtering it, it stays there until they read it or delete it or otherwise act on it.
- Email is still the most important thing most of us look at in the morning – before coffee, before we kiss our spouses, before we sometimes crawl out of bed – we check our email.
- Email has such rich dynamics, in regard to email marketing, of opens and clicks and overall tracking.
- You can often get someone’s attention with email, much better than you can with social media.
- Some of the most professional people in your life, are NOT active users of social media.
There’s two tools I want to tell you about that can make your email outreach more effective.
One is in Google Apps Email (it could be for regular Gmail users too), but it’s the “canned message” option. I send a lot of emails that have the same or similar messages. Instead of typing the same message over and over again, I use the templates (or canned messages) to save time and send the message.
Another tool, which is similar but more powerful than Google Apps email templates is ToutApp. ToutApp lets you track your emails (were they opened), has templates, enables you to send emails at a later date and more. For those of you who are power email users, ToutApp will make you more powerful.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Zoho’s Innovation Continues to Help Small Business Start and Scale - February 16, 2018
- How To Use CRM to Create Positive Customer Experiences - February 16, 2018
- Heartwarming Small Business Movie from Intuit Celebrates Small Biz Success - February 2, 2018