Hello my name is Carolyn and I’m a ‘Paperaholic’. For years I’ve supplied the folks at Mead and Post-It with a steady stream of business, as I am compulsive about taking notes, jotting down tidbits of information and compiling lists of to-dos. Of course, I had a very systematic method of keeping track of all my notes and Post-Its, which included rummaging through piles on my desk, looking underneath my desk for the sticky notes that no longer ‘stuck’ to my wall and digging through the trash can for the note I accidentally threw away. But that was all in my past and I am happy to report that I am now 12 months paper-free, due in great part to Evernote!
Evernote is an easy-to-use app that helps you stay organized, save your ideas and improve your productivity. With Evernote you can take notes, capture photos, create to-do lists, record voice reminders and save bits of info from the web with one click – all of which are completely searchable and accessible whether you are at work, home or on the go. There is a reason that this app was a winner of the New York Times ‘Top 10 Must-Have App’! Some of its key features include:
- Ability to Sync your notes across the different computers and devices you use
- Organize notes by notebooks and tags
- Record voice and audio notes
- Save, sync and share notes
- Email notes and save tweets to your Evernote account
- Share notes with friends and colleagues through Facebook and Twitter
Evernote is so simple to use and the ability to sync your information is a necessity and valuable feature in today’s world where we are constantly moving and using multiple devices, including our laptops, mobile phones and tablets. For those of us who travel, whether for business or pleasure, you can use Evernote to organize all your travel information including flight and hotel confirmations, passport information, addresses of places or restaurants you want to visit, meeting schedules and locations…anything and everything you can imagine and it’s all accessible on your mobile device. Other great ways to use Evernote for business include:
- Organizing Research
- Taking meeting or training notes
- Drafting Agendas
- Cataloging ideas and thoughts (even the ones at 2am!)
- Keeping finances in order – tracking expenses, receipts, bills and contracts
- Sharing notes across your business teams
While I will be the first to admit that moving away from the piece of paper that I could hold in my hand was a tough step, now that I’m using Evernote I could never go back and I seriously don’t know how I ever got anything done before. There is no more rummaging through papers on my desk or picking through the trash – everything is now just a few simple clicks away. Additionally, there are so many applications that work in conjunction with Evernote making the process even more simple, functional and fun! You can find a listing of those applications in the Evernote Trunk.
You can download Evernote for free or upgrade to the premium version, which has some added features and benefits, including offline access to notebooks, for $5/month or $45/year. Evernote is available for Mac and Windows desktops and iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry, Palm WebOS and Windows mobile devices.
Latest posts by Carolyn Crummey (see all)
- Twitter Buy Button and New Page Features a Boost to Online Businesses - August 3, 2015
- Join the #HPProductivity Chat For Ways to Improve Office Productivity - July 16, 2015
- Amazon Free Shipping on Small Items Might Hurt Local Retailers - June 29, 2015