There are billions (that’s right, billions) of people using social media, whether its Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, LinkedIn, you name it. How does a small business actually leverage this? Where should a small business start? Greg Tirico from Sage offers these three takeaways on social media in the video below:
– There will always be someone out there who is loyal to your business, or is passionate about what you provide, that they can be very good brand advocates. Yes, there will be folks who have something negative to say, but those people aren’t in the majority.
– Listen to what people are saying. This will help you to understand who your market is and where you fit into that market.
– At this point, social media is too large to ignore. At the very least, a small business should try and find a consultant or an expert to help (no need to hire a social media manager unless you really want to).
Latest posts by Allison Midori Reilly (see all)
- Why Bloggers Need Website Security - June 22, 2012
- QR Code Security Best Practices - May 2, 2012
- 3 Easy Ways to Prevent Your Data from Being Tracked - April 11, 2012