With this in mind and as more companies allow their employees to bring in their own devices it’s even MORE important that companies ensure they are managing these devices. The management must include security, inventory and even the spiraling monthly bills (oh and apps).
IBM recently introduced new software to help organizations better manage and secure the explosion of smartphones and tablets in the workplace, while also managing laptops, desktops and servers. According IBM’s press release:
In addition to the new mobile security and management software introduced today, IBM also announced the acquisition of Worklight. Worklight accelerates IBM’s comprehensive mobile portfolio, which is designed to help global organizations leverage the proliferation of all mobile devices — from laptops to smartphones and tablets.
Your smartphone is a gateway onto your network. Your tablet has critical company information. Your notebook has personal customer information. You’ve got to protect it all. Work with your local technology consultant to help.
Here’s a few things you can do to protect your mobile assets:
- Inventory them and know who has what
- Ensure security software is installed on all mobile devices
- Ensure you can remotely manage or at least wipe clean any corporate information
- Monitor the data usage of your mobile devices so your bills don’t get out of control
- Train your employees in how to get the most out of their technology