I do lot of conference calls, but I’m sure not nearly as much as some others who might have 2 or 3 conference calls a DAY as part of their day to day work. I’ve found that BlackBerry’s built in conference call feature, that you can indicated within a calendar appointment the conference call number and pin of call to be invaluable.
RIM’s come out with a new app that adds more functionality, here’s more information on this app from RIM’s press release:
Key features of BlackBerry Mobile Conferencing:
- Join Now Button– The BlackBerry Mobile Conferencing app adds a button to calendar reminders on your BlackBerry smartphone that can dial you in to a call with one click. If the invite includes multiple dial-in numbers for different locations, the app can choose the most appropriate one for you (within Canada, the US and the UK only)
- Reconnect – Reconnect with one click if you’re disconnected or need to drop off a conference call.
- Easy Conference Scheduling – You can schedule a conference call complete with conference bridge details directly from the BlackBerry Calendar in an easy two-step process. To enable this capability, you can set your conference call profile once in the BlackBerry Mobile Conferencing app, including dial-in numbers and access codes, and then simply add the profile as part of the calendar invitation. (The moderator code is kept hidden from participants in the calendar invitation.) Many of the leading audio conferencing systems are supported.
- Optimal Conference Call Number Selection – If multiple dial-in numbers are provided to accommodate participants in different regions, the application can automatically choose an optimal number to use, such as using the local number if you’re within the local calling area rather than a toll-free number; or a toll-free number if the dial-in number would otherwise be long distance. You can also select or modify a specific dial-in number manually.
- Convert an email to a meeting invite – Help put an end to long email threads by scheduling a conference call with email participants with just a few clicks. The sender and recipients of the email are included as meeting attendees, the email subject becomes your meeting subject and part of the email message is copied into your invite automatically. Just add your conference call details from a stored profile, click send and you’re set.
- New features available in version 3.0 include ‘tell a friend’ for sharing the app through BlackBerry® Messenger (BBM™), Facebook®, Twitter®, email and instant messaging; and access to help videos from the BlackBerry Mobile Conferencing icon on your BlackBerry smartphone.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Advice from the 2017 SXSW Dell Experience: How to Pitch a Complex Business - March 30, 2017
- The Experience: Dell Showcases the Power of Technology at SXSW 2017 - March 28, 2017
- Accounting Gets Artificial Intelligence: Xero’s New Service - March 16, 2017