So you’re NOT in the services business, but you’ve got physical products that you need to GET from suppliers and SHIP to customers. You’re not Amazon.com (yet) nor are you Dell (with multiple warehouse turn overs a day) but you have similar needs and resources.
What can you do?
I’m not about to give you a full blog post on shipping and logistics but I can tell you that if you’re looking for help and really to OUTSOURCE a lot of the pain of supply chain and customer fulfillment this is quite doable.
Companies such as UPS, FEDEX and DHL have lots of experience in shipping goods around the world. Alibaba is a great online service to help you find suppliers, especially in China. About.com has a great resource here as well
One of the big pain points companies have is how can they get the warehouses they need and the fulfillment services they need, especially as they grow from a regional company to a national or international one.
Shipwire recently announced the launch of their new web site, which is a huge resource of all things storage and shipping.
According to their press release:
The Shipwire website has been redesigned from the ground up to better highlight the world-class cloud-logistics capabilities for both new entrepreneurs and established mid-market brands seeking to go global. The new featured content includes:
- Expand Overseas – Reach markets in North America, Europe and Asia like a local seller.
- Reduce Time and Costs – Ensure every shipment sent to buyers is optimized for the lowest shipping costs and delivery times.
- Instant Sales Channels – Easily connect your sales channels and expand into emerging ones like Social Commerce.
- Expand Distribution Partnerships – Sell to retailers, drop ship and sell through flash sales sites and social networks.
- Customize Your Delivery Experience – Look good to your buyers using intelligent routing, professional packaging, and delightful extras for your customers and retailers.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Facebook’s Tools for Mentorship, Hiring and Education - November 14, 2018
- My Experience at a Facebook Community Boost Event - November 12, 2018
- Actress and Entrepreneur Nikki Reed Shares Her Insights on Sustainability, Tech, and Design - November 2, 2018