TrackVia is a very powerful tool for creating online database. You know those projects where you have a list of information that fits into Excel but then you have other information tied to that list or need to dynamically sort and arrange it? Or those days when you have “that list” but also want people to add their own information and Google Docs doesn’t cut it. TrackVia’s something you should consider.
They’ve come out with an upgrade to their online database (they call it an application builder) and these new features include:
- Chart Buffet: A new chart wizard allows users to select or create virtually any type of chart or graph imaginable, including bar and pie charts, scatter charts, progress gauges and even interactive geomaps that plot data summaries by country, state, county or city.
- Dynamite Dashboards: Users can create custom dashboards – collections of reports on a single screen – displaying their reports in the exact order and layout they want. Additionally, TrackVia’s new dashboards allow users to display real-time URLs, allowing users to pull together disparate online systems into a single view.
- Simple Sharing: Reports and dashboards can be shared instantly with users and non-users via email. Users can also publish public views of reports to websites, as well as post reports to Facebook and Twitter.
- Share This, Not That: Built-in content settings provide TrackVia users with even greater control over their reports and dashboards, ensuring the right content is shared with the right people at the right time.
- Hands-free Reporting: With the new release, users have even more options to set automated reporting schedules or instant alerts around user-defined triggers such as time and date, activity or workflow milestones.
Other online database include Zoho DB, Intuit’s QuickBase and Caspio. Check ’em all out, if your’re tired of the restrictions that Excel has on you.