Walmart has not been traditionally known as a place for technology and innovation – online. It’s been known as the place moms and grand parents go to for a great sale – 5 jars of pickles for $3 (or something like that).
However, Walmart, through an acquisition is using Walmart Labs as a test bed for a variety of new projects and better understanding customer behavior.
AllthingsD writes that The mission of @WalmartLabs is to study how mobile and social platforms are changing commerce, and how the line is increasingly blurring between online and offline shopping.
Here’s three things I think we can learn from the experiences of WalmartLabs, so far:
- Use technology to deeply and quickly listen directly to your customers. Scott Hintz, founder of TripIt will speak about this concept at Small Biz Big Things in San Francisco on Tuesday
- Experiment and don’t be afraid to not get things perfect – just improve
- It’s ok to let (and even help) your customers go to your competitors, if its best for your customer
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Getting Funding Is Important. Smarter Loans Is A Service that Can Help - March 21, 2018
- Using Videos Effectively in Your Sales Process – A Guide. - March 19, 2018
- The Three Most-Overlooked Digital Marketing Hacks Small-Businesses Forget To Utilize - March 18, 2018