For as long as I can remember, small business experts have advised small businesses to focus on what they do best and outsource everything else. I agree with this, to a point. However, I was reading a press release about the new features in HootSuite and realized that the tools, capabilities, methods and opportunities in social media are growing so fast that it would behoove every small business owner, especially those with even the smallest staff, to ensure they have someone tasked with social media expertise on staff.
When I say expertise, this might not be on day one even, but this means they are given all the reasonable freedom they need to learn and use new tools in furtherance of their companies efforts to GROW online.
For example HootSuite’s new features, in their press release read:
Users gain access to a wave of new apps that join the HootSuite App Directory including Digg, Trendspottr, and InboxQ. These apps are available immediately to HootSuite Basic, Pro, and Enterprise account holders worldwide.
- Digg – With the Digg app for HootSuite, HootSuite users can view current Top News stories, search stories, Digg stories, discover and share content from the web using the dashboard, and more.
- Trendspottr – The TrendSpottr app for HootSuite allows users to search for trending content by topic, keyword or phrase, select from a list of popular searches, share trending stories, videos and more via the social networks they’ve added to the HootSuite dashboard.
- InboxQ – With the InboxQ app for HootSuite, users can find questions on Twitter based on keyword and phrase searches, fine tune search results, and engage directly with those asking questions, all from within the HootSuite dashboard.
While all these apps are not necessary I do believe it’s necessary that every business have in house expertise of content marketing (or inbound marketing) this can only be sufficiently realized in know about these new tools and how best to use them.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Accounting Gets Artificial Intelligence: Xero’s New Service - March 16, 2017
- 4 Tips for Staying Safe on a Public Computer - January 20, 2017
- 5 Tips To Choosing Your Marketing Automation Provider - December 16, 2016