Well, I’ve been at SXSW Interactive for the past four days and today, Tuesday, I’m on the way back home – leaving beautiful Austin, Texas. I’ve had a great time at SXSW and this video summarizes some of the neat companies I found at the SXSW trade show.
There’s a few main reasons why I think every business owner should ensure they attend SXSW on an annual basis, it’s not just for techies, heads of digital agencies or tech companies.
- There are hundreds of sessions and if you attend at least 3 or 4 per day you’ll learn so much
- Being able to speak to the experts at SXSW – the session speakers or fellow business owners and/or experts who are gurus of digital content
- Networking with others – you can share your knowledge and insight and hear from them. Maybe you are looking for someone to help you launch a better Faceboook page? Maybe you want help optimizing your web site. You’ll find the best of the best at SXSW.
These are just three reasons.
Here’s my video recap of SXSW Interactive which quick takes on
- Skype’s town crier
- Pintburste – post once and share everyone
- Socialcast – enhance internal communication
- Gary Hoover – founder of Hoovers.com was there and we had a great conversation (thanks to my friend Michael Simmons for the introduction)
- Zero Desktop – neat service helping you mange your online file services. Move Dropbox files to Flickr etc – with many different services. You get a file type manger to view online files and mover around these online services.
- Symantec Norton – protect your computer and devices from hackers, malware and other things. Symantec had a great educational truck.
- Big Marker – helps companies communicate and collaborate internally (video with their CEO coming up later on)
- Evernote – helps you collect, index, find and share all your digital information (or junk)
- HP – hp showcasing their hardware and services
- Hibe – social community (non-business service)
- Lifedots – collect your life’s memories
- Das Keyboard – helps you type faster by giving you a tactical – old school type writer feel
- WordPress – one of the most popular web site building services on the planet
- Entertainer’s Secret Throat Relief – if you speak a lot and want to ensure your throat stays moist, so it does not get sore, spray this in your throat
- Light CMS – looking for an easy to use Do It Yourself web site creation tool check this out (video with Light CMS coming soon)
- Qubeey – helps with communication but then mentions celebrities (not quite sure what it does – but check it out)
- 2Checkout.com – accept payments online
- Mophie – charge devices when you don’t have a power socket (mobile power)
- Brown paper tickets – helps you manage events and sell tickets – like Eventbrite (video with Brown Paper Tickets coming up)
- Vertical Response – email marketing and communication (including social media)
- Silverpop – email marketing
- Other inbox – manage and prioritize your incoming emails
- FoundIt – awesome tool to help you get back things you’ve lost. I bought the service at SXSW
- Umbraco – web development platform similar to Jumla or WordPress
- TubeMogul – share a video to mutiple locations with this service
- FFFavs – customizable browser home page
- PayOne – mobile payment service
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- 4 Tips for Staying Safe on a Public Computer - January 20, 2017
- 5 Tips To Choosing Your Marketing Automation Provider - December 16, 2016
- GoDaddy Enhances Mobile Shopping With ApplePay and Shopping Cart Intelligence - December 14, 2016