These three myths are that segmentation is hard, that A/B testing is not necessary and that web site analytics is an option.
None of these things is true and all of them are essential.
1. To make the segmented list easier to activate, Ramon says, you should move your email list off a spreadsheet and into a CRM system, such as BatchBook, which enables you to tag individuals and create targeted lists based on the tags.
2. Most email systems have completely automated the process of A/B testing email marketing efforts.
3. The only way to know if your content is effective is to see what is happening with it, says Ramon. The easiest way do that is to use Google Analytics.
Like this image? Big thanks to BigStockPhoto.com
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Advice from the 2017 SXSW Dell Experience: How to Pitch a Complex Business - March 30, 2017
- The Experience: Dell Showcases the Power of Technology at SXSW 2017 - March 28, 2017
- Accounting Gets Artificial Intelligence: Xero’s New Service - March 16, 2017