In the early days of the Internet, Earthlink was a viable competitor to America Online, which dominated the dial-up Internet provider market at that time. But as users became more comfortable surfing the Internet without a service to host them, Earthlink was left with its business customers. Instead of giving up, Earthlink continued to find new, innovative ways to bring customers the technology services they needed.
Recently, Earthlink announced its decision to offer a suite of services geared toward businesses. While Earthlink has long offered services to businesses, this makes Cloud-based technology accessible to small and medium businesses, as well.
“Virtualization, mobility and cloud computing have changed the face of IT,” Zeus Kerravala, principal analyst for ZK Research, says, adding that today’s complexity has widened the gap between the IT environment and IT skills. “The IT services suite from EarthLink Business provides companies with a broad range of services that can help close the widening complexity gap. The client’s IT department can then focus on strategic initiatives that are focused on their core competency and offload many of the day-to-day tasks that consume up to 80% of IT’s time today.”
The following are included in Earthlink’s business suite:
- Virtualization Services. This includes Earthlink’s cloud web hosting services, as well as backup and disaster recovery. No more hosting your data on servers in-house. Earthlink will provide Cloud-based storage and maintenance for all of your important data.
- Managed Security Services. You need to know that all of your data is secure. Earthlink will make sure your data is safe from intruders. You’ll also have daily backup so that you never lose a file.
- Connectivity Services. This includes your voice services, allowing you to fire the phone company. It also includes assistance with getting your equipment connecting to the network.
- Application Services. Earthlink’s business suite includes secure e-mail with archiving and encryption. Plus, if you use FTP, you’ll have a secure solution for that, as well.
- Managed Desktop Support. Earthlink will provide a virtual help desk for all your day-to-day troubleshooting needs. This also includes maintenance for your workstations.
- Data Center Services. Earthlink’s server support team will make sure your server space and power is managed, keeping you from running out of space or slowing down due to inefficient resources.
Does this mean you can fire your IT staff? Not necessarily. It will simply allow you to get the mundane, day-to-day tasks out of the way so that your valuable staff members can focus on more important matters. While, over time, your need for desktop support and server support staff may wane, you’ll always have a need for skilled IT professionals who can help your organization grow through crafting ambitious projects and seeing the big picture.
Even though Earthlink can help take some of these IT duties off your hands, your business will remain in control at all times. Earthlink will simply provide you the tools you need to be more efficient so that you can better server your customers.
Latest posts by Stephanie Faris (see all)
- Can RebelMouse Energize Your Social Campaigns? - February 21, 2014
- TagMyDoc Provides Document Versioning to Businesses - November 15, 2013
- 10 Tools For Managing Business Cards and Exchanging Contacts in the Digital Age - November 13, 2013