VerticalResponse Reports on Email Marketing and Social Media
AnyMeeting Introduces AnyMeeting Now
Toshiba Introduces Excite 10LE -Worlds Thinnest Tablet
Epson Enhances ImageWay Partner Program with New Workgroup Single and Multifunction Printers Ideal for Small and Medium Offices
– WorkForce Pro C Series Workgroup Color Printers deliver low total cost of ownership,high reliability, and laser-quality prints for businesses-
LONG BEACH, Calif. – Feb. 29, 2012 – Epson America, Inc. today expanded its portfolio of business-class products offered through the ImageWaySM Partner Program with high performance, professional quality printing solutions for small- to medium-sized businesses that increase productivity and offer a low total cost of ownership. Epson’s WorkForce® Pro C Series single function and multifunction Workgroup Color Printers deliver up to 50 percent lower printing costs when compared to color laser printers, increased reliability with a best-in-class three-year warranty, professional quality prints, and robust duty cycles for durability.
As a testament to Epson’s commitment to partners and confidence in its products, all qualified “Business Printer” reseller partners will each receive a new WorkForce Pro C Series printer to use in their offices or showrooms. In addition, new partners that qualify for Epson’s Business Printer Partner program are eligible to resell the other Epson products sold through ImageWay – including projectors and document scanners – allowing them to offer customers a comprehensive suite of office solutions.
WorkForce Pro C Series – Engineered for Business
The WorkForce Pro C Series is comprised of six new models packaged in a white form factor: the single function WorkForce Pro C Series WP-4010, WP-4023 and WP-4090 and the multifunction WorkForce Pro C Series WP-4520, WP-4533 and WP-4590. All models offer top-of-the-line cost-savings and productivity features, including up to 50 percent lower printing costs when compared to color laser printers and Ethernet connectivity.
Printing Solutions for Small-to-Medium Sized Offices
- Cost Savings: Up to 50 percent less in printing cost than color laser printers, low total cost of ownership, up to 50 percent paper cost savings with automatic two-sided printing and up to 70 percent less power consumption than laser printers
- Reliable performance: Three-year limited warranty with second business-day shipping service, 25,000 maximum monthly maximum duty cycle, and virtually paper jam free.
- Increased productivity features: Print up to 3,400 pages per cartridge – up to six reams of paper – with Epson’s highest capacity 711 XXL cartridges; high paper capacity with an optional second tray and rear-feed tray for specialty media allows up to 580 sheets and less user intervention; and EPSON Connect™, Apple® Airprint™, Google Cloud Print™, and iPrint software solutions for mobile printing and scanning features that allow smartphones and tablets to print to or scan from the WorkForce Pro C Series printers, anywhere, anytime.
- Quality output: Laser-sharp text and professional quality color graphics with 4800 x 1200 dpi, Epson DURABrite® Ultra cartridges provide instant dry prints with water, fade and smudge resistance
Pricing and Availability
The WorkForce Pro WP-4010 ($199), WP-4023 ($299) and WP-4090 ($399) single function models, and the WorkForce Pro WP-4520 ($299), WP-4533 ($399) and WP-4590 ($499) multifunction models will be available in March through the Epson ImageWay Partner Program to channel partners and through select commercial channel partners. For more information about the Epson ImageWay Partner Program, visit www.epson.com/imageway. For more information about the WorkForce Pro C Series Workgroup Color Printers, please visit www.epson.com. Click here to see the multimedia news releasefor this announcement.
Businesses That Use Email Marketing and Social Media Achieve 28% Higher Email Open Rates, According To VerticalResponse User Data
– First in a series of analyses indicates strong correlation between social media and email marketing effectiveness-
SAN FRANCISCO – March 1, 2012 – VerticalResponse, a leading provider of self-service marketing solutions for small businesses including email marketing, social media, event marketing, online survey and direct mail marketing, today released the first in a series of findings that examine email and social media marketing user data among small and mid-sized businesses.
VerticalResponse found companies that use its email marketing service and also engage in social media marketing for their business (defined by activity on Roost by VerticalResponse, the company’s social media marketing platform) experience a 28 percent higher open rate on their email marketing campaigns versus those that don’t use Roost by VerticalResponse.
“This is really compelling evidence showing those who combine email marketing and social media obtain greater results from their campaigns, especially among small and mid-sized businesses that represent the majority of our customer base,” said Janine Popick, VerticalResponse CEO. “The numbers clearly show that those who broadcast content across multiple online touch points are getting a lot more engagement than those who don’t.”
What types of businesses do the best in leveraging email marketing and social media? The data analysis uncovered the following:
Top five industries that use both email marketing and social media, in order:
2. Real estate
3. Marketing and advertising
5. Health and wellness
- Top five industries that use both email marketing and social media, and have the highest open rates on their email marketing, in order:
1. Music (average open rate: 32.1 percent)
2. Consumer electronics (average open rate: 31.7 percent)
3. Financial services (average open rate: 22.6 percent)
4. Motion pictures and film (average open rate: 21.9 percent)
5. Graphic design (average open rate: 21.3 percent)
Roost by VerticalResponse enables small businesses to easily and quickly create, schedule, manage and measure their social media marketing campaigns from one convenient dashboard. Earlier this month, the company released a free iOS mobile app, giving customers access to the platform’s most popular features no matter where they are.
Methodology: VerticalResponse analyzed a sample set of 3,116 active customers who use both the company’s flagship email marketing service and Roost by VerticalResponse. Their open rates were compared to those had by customers who only use VerticalResponse email marketing.
ANYMEETING REACHES USER MILESTONE, HELPS NEW USERS MEET NOW
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif., March 6, 2012 – AnyMeeting, the completely free web conferencing and webinar service, today announced a faster way for first-time users to get a meeting started with AnyMeeting Now. Now, even those who do not have an AnyMeeting account can start a meeting immediately, on demand.
Simple and easy to use, first-time users just click the “Start A Meeting Now,” button on AnyMeeting’s home page to instantly start a meeting. Users can then send out email invitations with the conference call information included, bring attendees in, open a presentation to share, and get the meeting started. Unlike other web conferencing solutions, there is no software for users or their attendees to download, and no long-term sign up or credit card information required.
AnyMeeting has also achieved a milestone in reaching over 120,000 registered users, growing almost 600 percent over the last 12 months. AnyMeeting has done this by establishing a strong presence in the SMB market, which is expected to account for 50 to 70 percent of the global video conferencing market in the next three to four years, according to Frost & Sullivan.
“As we continue to grow, we are breaking down the barriers to entry that new users typically experience when they first try a web conferencing service,” said Costin Tuculescu, president and CEO of AnyMeeting. “Now, visitors new to AnyMeeting can immediately get a feel for our service and begin to experience the power of web meetings, without having to register.”
AnyMeeting Now allows first-time users to jump right in and get familiar with the service and the majority of AnyMeeting’s features. Frequent users are encouraged to register for a free account to access all of AnyMeeting’s features. For more information on AnyMeeting and AnyMeeting Now, please visit www.anymeeting.com.
Toshiba brings WORLD’S THINNEST 10-INCH TABLET to U.S. Market
IRVINE, Calif. — Feb. 29, 2012 — Toshiba’s Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced that the Excite™ 10 LE tablet will be available for purchase from select U.S. retailers on March 6. Previously introduced as the Excite X10, the Excite 10 LE is the world’s thinnest and lightest 10-inch tablet measuring just 0.3 inches (7.7mm) thin and weighing just 1.18 pounds.
“Excite 10 LE embodies what a luxury tablet should be,” said Carl Pinto, vice president of product development, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. “We have engineered this tablet with premium materials and components, given it elegant yet durable styling and more connectivity options than any other tablet in its class, while fitting everything into an astonishingly thin and light design.”
A More Premium Design with All the Essentials
The thin and light Excite 10 LE features a vivid high-resolution 10.1-inch diagonal AutoBrite™ display, delivering optimum browsing, reading and entertainment. Designed for durability and style, the device also features a high-quality magnesium alloy surface and scratch-resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass display with an anti-smudge coating for greater resiliency. The tablet also comes with an array of connectivity interfaces and ports on board, including micro-USB and HDMI® ports, a micro-SD slot to share content and files with other devices, plus Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® connectivity. Stereo speakers with exclusive sound enhancements by Toshiba and SRS® Labs deliver superior audio capabilities. Front and back HD cameras provide convenient photo capture, plus 1080p video recording and video chatting.
Smart Multicore Performance with Long Battery Life
Powered by the 1.2GHz Texas Instruments OMAP™ 4430 multicore mobile processor and dual-channel memory, the Excite 10 LE offers smooth web browsing and multitasking plus the performance for high definition video and entertainment. Extremely power efficient, the Excite 10 LE delivers up to 8 hours of battery life.
Powered by Android
The Excite 10 LE tablet features Android 3.2, Honeycomb, and will be upgraded to Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich later this Spring. Also included is a full suite of familiar Google™ Mobile Service applications, including the Android Market™, YouTube™, Gmail™, Google Maps™, Music, Videos. Additionally, the tablet comes pre-loaded with a mix of Toshiba software and third-party applications including TOSHIBA App Place, TOSHIBA Book Place, TOSHIBA Media Player, TOSHIBA File Manager as well Netflix™ and Zinio™.
- Android 3.2, Honeycomb (upgradeable to Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich)
- 10.1-inch diagonal LED Backlit widescreen Corning Gorilla Glass display with IPS technology and 10-finger multi-touch support
- 1280 x 800 resolution, 16:10 aspect ratio
- Texas Instruments OMAP 4430 multicore processor; 1.2GHz with 1GB LPDDR2 RAM
- 16GB and 32GB configurations
- 2 megapixel front-facing camera
- 5 megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash
- Micro USB, Micro HDMI ports
- Micro SD card slot
- Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n) and Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- Gyroscope, Accelerometer, GPS, eCompass and Ambient Light Sensor
- Stereo speakers with sound enhancements by Toshiba and SRS Labs
- Built-in 25 watt-hour rechargeable lithium ion battery
- 10.1″ (W) x 6.9″ (D) x 0.3″ (H)
- 1.18 pounds (535g)
Latest posts by Carolyn Crummey (see all)
- Twitter Buy Button and New Page Features a Boost to Online Businesses - August 3, 2015
- Join the #HPProductivity Chat For Ways to Improve Office Productivity - July 16, 2015
- Amazon Free Shipping on Small Items Might Hurt Local Retailers - June 29, 2015