As a small business, you undoubtedly have business expenses to keep track of. Trying to track these expenses, especially while on the go, can become tricky and difficult to organize. Receipts for meals, travel, office supplies and taxi’s pile up in your file and then there is the task of assigning them to the correct type of expense and even possibly a client or project. Fortunately, there are now some truly awesome mobile applications that allow you to keep track of your expenses effectively, quickly and even more – they’ll give you all kinds of report you might need.
- Abukai Expenses is one such application. Available for your Android, iPhone and BlackBerry, Abukai will fill your expense reports in three easy steps: take a photo of the receipt, submit it and finally you’ll receive your expense report. The true power of Abukai is its customizing and integration: you can connect it to your financial systems to speed up the process even more.
- You can try Abukai free for 30 days. Just download the application from Apple’s AppStore, Blackberry’s App World of Android Market and if it turns out to work for you, you can get Abukai from $39. The app itself works pretty well; once you start it and click “Add Receipt”, your phone’s camera will pop up and you’ll be able to take a picture of the receipt. If you’re not satisfied with it, you can retake the photo before you submit it. Once submitted, within next 24 hours you should get your expense report in a PDF, XLS, CSV, OFX or QBO format.
- ProOnGo is another expense tracker for your mobile device. It will track your expenses, as well as the time and mileage you do in either your own or a company’s car. It has a great automated mechanism, so once you take a photo of the receipt, ProOnGo will find the merchant’s name, date and the amount and fill them for you.
- You can use the free application for your first 15 receipts, after which you’ll have to choose a subscription plan, starting from $3/month.
- The mileage tracking is exceptionally cool and useful; when you start your trip, it uses your current location, via GPS, as the starting point and when you reach your destination, you’ll open up the app again for it to determine the destination and final mileage.
- Tracking the time expenses is also pretty easy. Enter your hourly rate and the starting time. When your work is complete, open up ProOnGo, define the ending time and there you have it!
- Toshl Expense Tracker is another great application made for tracking your budgets on your phone. Toshl allows you to create different budgets and tag every expense you make. It has a cute interface and sounds which you’ll probably like and you can get it for almost any mobile platform out there. You can also sync your Toshl expenses with the site itself and get a better view on what you’re spending your money on.
There are many other expense tracking applications in the market and if you are one of those people that continually pushes the stack of receipts further back on your desk to be dealt with another day, then you will definitely want to go into your app center and start checking them out!