Now, thanks to the Internet, anyone with a computer can make an impression anywhere on Planet Earth. Post on Facebook, people think you’re interesting. Tweet on Twitter, millions retweet it. Post a video on YouTube, it goes viral.
Today, our world is like the 1980s fictional TV bar “Cheers” and “Everybody Knows Your Name.”
We all have an online rep, but most don’t know how to measure it or what to do with it.
Here are 3 services that instantly measure your online reputation:
BRANDIFY – A service designed to deliver info in about 70 seconds! Brandify views online listings, reviews, search results & social media for information about your business. It then runs a sophisticated analysis on the information it finds to deliver your “score” (which is similar to a FICO credit score). Once your score is delivered, Brandify tells you if your reputation is strong or weak, compares you to local competitors and gives you simple actions you can take to improve your score and reputation.
KLOUT – When you create content or engage, you impact others. Klout analyzes that impact to find your Klout Score, influential topics & your influencers. Top brands use Klout Perks to reach and engage influencers. The Klout Score measures influence on a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being the most influential. Klout uses data from social networks in order to measure:
- Klout helps you understand your influence & how to leverage it.
- Benchmark your success & understand who you influence.
- Discover who to trust in the topics you care about.
- Earn Klout Perks: Exclusive access to products & experiences from top brands.
- Put your Klout Score on your resume to land a sweet job or use it to get better customer service.
HUBSPOT’s MARKETING GRADER – In 2006, HubSpot launched Website Grader which gave millions free advice on how to improve their websites. Today, online marketing is more than just improving your websites. Website Grader gave way to Marketing Grader, which now measures:
- Competitive Benchmarking: “Is my marketing more or less effective than my competition?”
- Lead Generation: “Are my marketing efforts generating enough leads & sales?”
- Mobile Marketing: “Is my web presence optimized for mobile devices?”
- Social Media: “How effectively are we using Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter in our marketing?”
- Blogging: “Is my blog driving results that justify the time investment, or are we wasting time doing the wrong things?”
Marketing Grader takes steps to improve what your top priorities should be. With customized action items, Marketing Grader makes it easy for you to figure out your next steps. In under 30 seconds, Marketing Grader reviews over 30 different factors, then provides an overall grade on a 1-100 scale. Marketing Grader also gives you additional resources to become a marketing superstar.
Today, our online reputation is more important than our personal reputation. If you destroy your online reputation, the damage can spread around the globe at the blink of the eye.
We all have the power to influence others thanks to the Internet. However, unless we measure our influence, we can never know how to make that power work for us.
Latest posts by Jordan Brown (see all)
- Connect With Your Customers: Tips On Delivering What They Want and Avoiding What Turns Them Away - April 26, 2012
- Internet Security Madness Lasts Far Longer Than March Madness - April 9, 2012
- Are You Tracking Your Online Reputation? Here Are Three Services That Can Help You Keep A Good Rep! - April 5, 2012