Woah! It’s been nearly two years since we’ve seen anything from FileMaker, Inc. At long last, the company came up with a brand new and improved version of FileMaker that makes your apps even prettier than the last version.
FileMaker is a piece of software that helps you design database apps – apps that grab input and save it onto a device. If you don’t use FileMaker, you might want to consider using it to assist you in making an awesome business app that will keep your prospects nearby!
Don’t know how to code? Just get a developer to do it for you, then. One of the developers in the aforementioned link will even do your app for free.
Be warned: You’re missing out on a ton if you don’t get into app development immediately. Here are a few features of FileMaker 12 that will grease the gears a little:
- Make database applications for any iOS device, Windows, and Mac.
- Introduce themes to your app, and personalize it to fit the style of your business. FileMaker 12 comes with 40 themes you can use to add some flair.
- Manage your layouts in a simple way with a grid-style interface that lets you snap objects in place. The new interface allows you to use the same alignment schema in one form across other forms to maintain app-wide uniformity.
- Objects can be re-sized to the size of other objects, allowing you to provide uniformity among field lengths within your application.
- Container fields now allow you to store anything, like images, data, and video.
- Charts couldn’t have been easier to produce! Now, FileMaker 12 includes streamlined charting with styles like bubbles, scatterplots, positive/negative charts, bars, and stacked columns.
- Fonts and colors are optimized for viewing on the iPad and the iPhone.
In short, the interface closely resembles Microsoft Visual Studio’s form designer, which is very effective in designing windows for non-native application development.
You can buy FileMaker 12 Pro for as little as $299 on their website. The price pretty much pays for itself in the form of prospect and customer loyalty with an app that reminds them of your existence in their everyday lives!