Today, we see the Internet as more than a simple hangout for people and their friends. The Internet has become a vast medium for businesses to communicate with clients, employees, and partners. But the “hangout” mentality is rather difficult to erase, and many meetings end up just being a lot of talk with no work done.
Services exist around the web that help you hold meetings with people no matter where you are. Imagine going on a trip out of town and still being present at home base to talk to your staff. This means that you can keep your business running smoothly even when you’re not around to make sure things are running.
But how do you keep people on task?
One business offers meeting services that give you more than just the run-of-the-mill screen sharing and conferencing. Meet Lucid Meetings, a company that provides solutions for task management, collaboration, and teleconferencing – all in one package! Just look at what you can do with the service:
- Create a meeting room for participants that is protected from any sort of infiltration attempts.
- Schedule different speakers to participate in the conversation, telling them when to start and when to let the next speaker chime in.
- Send email announcements that will not only let your participants know that there’s a meeting, but also remind them as its time approaches.
- Use all the screen sharing features that other conference services provide you with.
- Amend, omit, and finalize parts of an agenda collectively, giving participants the ability to truly take part in decision-making processes.
- Let participants dial into the conference if they don’t have a working Internet connection where they are.
Lucid Meetings keeps its word on the ability to establish the groundwork for a productive meeting. Instead of just chatting about something, you can actually write it in stone to keep track of milestones.
As far as pricing is concerned, you get a free trial when selecting any service they offer. There’s no obligation to commit, since it’s a “pay as you go” service. Their smallest plan is for individuals who want to have only one conference room and can settle for 1 GB of storage. It costs $24.99 a month. Ideally, you should opt for either the individual plan or the small business plan (known on their website as a “Small” plan. The latter costs $199 a month, and offers you up to 10 rooms with 10 GB of storage, adequate for small businesses on the high end of the spectrum.
There are other companies that offer similar services in case you want to explore your options:
- Cisco WebEx gives you all you need for a mere $19.99 a month. Their plan allows for unlimited storage, HD video transmission, and tons of other features. The only drawbacks, which might make Lucid Meetings a more attractive deal, are that the service is limited to 8 participants and that only one person can host the conference. Aside from that, the service also doesn’t include the organizational features that make Lucid attractive, but this is a great option for those who want a reliable proven service that’s been around for a while and doesn’t cost much.
- GoToMeeting offers three different products for web conferencing. Their simplest plan, GoToMeeting, costs $49 per month and gives you unlimited conferences with up to 15 attendees. Like WebEx, there’s only one host for the whole shebang, but you can upgrade to other plans with more versatility. GoToWebinar, their next rung in the ladder, lets you include 100 participants costing you a minimum of $99 a month. The service allows you to host meetings where you can invite guests panelists, enjoy a pre-session green room, and even see live Q&A from attendees. While the service tailors more towards a less dialogue-based system, it’s viable for some company meetings between execs and employees. GoToMeeting also includes HDFaces at no additional cost, which allows you to skip the middleman and get straight to HD video conferencing without the expensive equipment. Just pop on a webcam and smile!
Gone are the days when only fat cat CEOs of large enterprises could pull the strings necessary to have remote meetings. You can now harness the power and collaborate as if you’ve never left the office!