There is a lot of controversy surrounding daily deals and if they actually help or hurt small businesses (check out this article we recently posted on Smallbiztechnology.com)
There is now a new player in the arena who is approaching deals and rewards in a totally different manner. Front Flip is a customer engagement platform that enables you to build strong customer relationships based on fun, trust and mutual value. I recently had the opportunity to speak with Front Flip Founder and CEO Sean Beckner about how to increase customer loyalty through targeted mobile rewards campaigns, like those provided by Front Flip. “We are creating value for businesses in completely new ways, and our approach has overwhelmingly positive results for businesses on our platform.”, says Sean.
But how different are they and can they really add value to a small business? We asked those questions and here is what Sean had to say:
Q: Why use Front Flip and not Groupon or other Daily Deal sites which have local traffic drivers and back-end systems for businesses?
A:Companies of all sizes are adopting our platform regardless of what they do with daily deal sites. It only takes a moment for businesses to understand the value of Front Flip goes far beyond the capabilities of the daily deal vendors. I have outlined a few major reasons why:
- Many of our customers lost money using daily deals. They needed to try it, but have found it isn’t good business to lose money on one and done marketing campaigns. For example, just a few months ago we stood in line at a local restaurant that couldn’t control the traffic from its daily deal – too many came to redeem at the same time. The restaurant ran out of menu items and lost money overall. The daily deal company may have made money, but everyone else walked away with a horrible experience. With Front Flip, businesses have complete control over their margins and the operational impacts of their marketing efforts.
- Daily deals are not profitable, predictable or sustainable for businesses. That is another main reason businesses continue to come on board with Front Flip. Here is a quote from one of our customers regarding the sustained impact Front Flip has had to their business. “Front Flip has transformed the way we interact with our customers and is the biggest marketing initiative we’ve introduced recently. Every month I’m seeing my sales go up 5% and more,” said Laura Hammel, franchise owner at Dickey’s BBQ in Kansas City. “Customers come into our restaurant and are excited to use the Front Flip app to scan and scratch for a chance to win a prize. With the ability to control exactly what prizes we give away and how often a customer wins, we are able to drastically increase the overall customer experience.”
- It is largely known and accepted that daily deals are one and done, and the value is largely slanted to the customer. Front Flip delivers an ongoing customer engagement program where both the consumer and the business win. The business delivers a fun experience to its customers with a chance to win prizes, while at the same time controlling margins by establishing profitable prizes and probabilities. And by engaging existing customers, the business can now drive both return and new visits through targeted mobile outreach – prizes sent directly to customers’ phones with the ability to share with friends.
- Our unique and fun approach to customer loyalty and engagement provides businesses an opportunity to build their customer cloud quickly – and know demographics and behaviors like never before. And as the customer cloud builds, the business can create targeted campaigns to drive customers back through the door – time and time again. And make money doing it. This is a major differentiation from daily deals which don’t offer the ability to target customers like we do.
Q: What about a CRM system connected to POS – where many of these features can be used at the point of sale?
A: Allow me to interpret “CRM system connected to POS” as a solution you may find at a large grocery store, where you provide a unique identifier on a key ring tag to be scanned to connect the transaction to you for real-time points or discounts. These solutions are costly and often heavily customized, putting them in the realm of possibility for large businesses and brands. They are good for consumers in isolation, but we are seeing loyalty fatigue across the market as wallets and key chains fill with disparate programs.
Front Flip presents an innovative, cost-effective solution for businesses of any size. Our model happens to act as a universal loyalty program, which is a big win for businesses and their customers. We are content with this for now, and most of our customers enter their Front Flip prizes and gifts into their POS today. In time, we see broad potential to further integrate our technology with POS systems and add a little fun to the checkout process.
So, perhaps there is a new way to drive traffic to your business on your terms and under your control. We leave the verdict to you. Let us know what you think!
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- NEWS: Neglecting Website Basics Can Significantly Impact Sales - May 18, 2017
- News: U.S. Businesses Neglect a Major Information Security Risk - May 18, 2017
- News: Wix Launches SEO Tool and Google Integration - May 17, 2017