As the business world turns, increasing attention to Cloud-based software to automate everyday operations, law firms seek solutions tailored to the legal field. While LegalZoom provides legal documents to the consumer market, there are very few solutions to help small legal businesses manage documents, conduct billing, manage tasks, and run reports.
So it’s only natural that several web-based applications are now available to help law firms manage their operations. All of these solutions are Cloud-based, meaning they can be accessed from any device that has an Internet connection. This is especially beneficial to small law firms, who must operate without an IT staff.
“According to the American Business Association, 80% of of lawyers are solo practitioners and small-to-medium-size legal firms,” Jack Newton, CEO of Clio, one of the most popular Cloud-based legal software solutions, explains. “These folks have little support staff and no IT department.”
Below are a few of the more Cloud-based popular practice management software solutions, all accessible from any device that has an Internet connection:
- Clio–An all-inclusive suite of tools to manage your legal business, Clio offers task management, time billing, reporting, time tracking, and accounting. When you log in, you’ll see all tasks for your upcoming cases on your home page, helping you organize your day. If you’ve used Time Matters or even Outlook 2010, you’ll find the layout familiar, with tabs for matters, contacts, calendar, tasks, etc. This can help someone jump in and start using the software without extensive training, since the layout is somewhat intuitive. Clio’s collaboration tools allow you to easily share information with others at your firm, including document sharing and billing.
- Rocket Matter–If your firm is thinking about growing in the future, Rocket Matter might be the best option for you. The monthly price gets cheaper as your firm grows. The layout takes a little getting used to, but its search box will let you immediately get to what you’re trying to find.
- Advologix–Advologix provides an app for access via mobile phone and tablet PCs, creating an easy-to-use interface that the other services don’t provide. If mobile access is important to you, this could be a deal-breaker. Advologix offers e-mail integration, document management, workflow processes, invoicing and budgets, time tracking, and more. Advologix is owned by Force.com, the company behind popular sales tool SalesForce.com.
The good news is, all of these are viable solutions to small law firm practice management. The bad news is, with so many good solutions, finding the one that’s best for you is tricky. Mostly it’s a matter of finding the interface with which you are most comfortable. For those planning heavy reliance on mobile device connectivity, Advologix may be the best solution. Rocket Matter is best for small firms that are growing into larger firms. Clio is a great solution for those looking for an interface that feels comfortable and helps you organize your day. Since all of these solutions offer interface previews on their websites, take a look and see which one you like.
Like the image? We got it from BigStockPhoto.com
Latest posts by Stephanie Faris (see all)
- Can RebelMouse Energize Your Social Campaigns? - February 21, 2014
- TagMyDoc Provides Document Versioning to Businesses - November 15, 2013
- 10 Tools For Managing Business Cards and Exchanging Contacts in the Digital Age - November 13, 2013