For so many years Mac users have told me and other PC users that Macs were more secure than PC’s. I’ve known this is a lie, but many people do not. Sure Mac’s are well designed and look great. However, they are no more secure than computers. Windows computers (PC’s) appear to be more vulnerable than Mac’s because hackers TARGET windows computers much more.
The NY Times writes:
This week, security researchers discovered a new computer virus had infected half a million Mac users — about half of them in the United States. The malicious program, known as a Trojan horse, is infesting users in the most surreptitious way possible: users need not manually click on any malicious links or manually download any malware to get infected. The program simply downloads itself. Once downloaded, the Trojans’ creators gain a back door that gives them unauthorized access to the victim’s computer.
If you want to be secure, on ANY computer follow these steps:
1. Install a good anti-virus, anti-malware program
2. Anything you put into your computer (USB drive, downloaded program, etc) must be scanned with your security software
3. Be VERY careful what you click online. If someone emails you – be careful. If you see a link on a web site – be careful. One click can destroy your entire computer.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Vistaprint Report Says Many Consumers Will Shop More Small Businesses in 2018 - October 2, 2017
- Kensington Announces Ultimate Presenter with Virtual Pointer - October 2, 2017
- Zoho Enables Real Time Messaging with Cliq - October 1, 2017