This is why Microsoft Office365 continues to evolve and why players such as Google Apps, Zoho and other online communication, collaboration and productivity platforms aim to be one stop shops for small businesses and work groups to manage the day to day communication needs of their businesses.
Citrix has a nice suite of tools for businesses including GoToMeeting, GoToMyPC, GoToWebinar, desktop virtualation and other tools – however their suit was empty as they had nothing for the coveted collaboration and communication category. With Podio they now do.
Podio also provides Citrix with a VERY powerful platform for 3rd party application development and workflow solutions.
What many of the services want to be are platforms. See my article about it here. They want to not just sell services but to build ecosystems of solutions around those products.
Podio gives Citrix the following foundation:
- Project Management (there goes a whole boat load of competitors)
- Collaboration (Zoho, Google, Microsoft and dozens more)
- CRM and Lead Management (Salesforce, Infusionsoft, Marketo, BatchBook, 37 Signals, Zoho, Sugar CRM and more)
- Event Management (Eventbrite, Constant Contact, Vertical Response, and others)
I could go on.
Citrix can now build on Padio and have an ecosystem and foundation for further small business focused products and services.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Accounting Gets Artificial Intelligence: Xero’s New Service - March 16, 2017
- 4 Tips for Staying Safe on a Public Computer - January 20, 2017
- 5 Tips To Choosing Your Marketing Automation Provider - December 16, 2016