This code – SMALLBIZTECH512 – is for 25% off the print cost of a new publication, for all purchases of that publication made between now and the end of June (expires June 30, 2012 at 11:59pm PST). The code should be entered by the publisher during the publish process, and it cannot be combined with other MagCloud discounts. http://www.magcloud.com
Free Web Site & Digital Presence Report
vSplash announced today that it is offering small businesses free website and digital presence analysis this week in celebration of National Small Business Week. SMBs can sign up for their free analysis at http://bit.ly/K7SbQG.
Cute Cards (imagery) To Remind You of Small Biz Benefits
Happy National Small Business Week! To acknowledge the activity in Washington DC and across the country this week, Concur Small Business today launched the “Concur Says Thanks” campaign via a series of funny, custom-made Someecards. Check them out here!
Concur is aiming to spread these far and wide to say thanks to small business pros throughout the US for the products and services they provide, while increasing awareness of the value that thriving small businesses bring to our economy. If you’re familiar with Somecards.com, you know that they spread like wildfire over Facebook and Twitter. Please feel free to share these on your social channels, or on the wall of your favorite small business. You can find the cards on the Concur page of Someecards.com.
Small Biz Are Working Longer and Using Mobile Tech More
Sage North America announced today the results of its Reinvention of Small Business Study, a survey focused on how small businesses are changing the way they conduct business in an unpredictable economy. The study found that a many smallbusiness owners are putting in more hours, extending their work week, and taking less vacation compared to five years ago. In order to stay more connected after hours and weekends, many small business owners indicated that they are utilizing more mobile solutions and tools. Sage, a leading provider of business management software and services to more than 6 million small and midsized businesses worldwide, conducted the study among 258 small businesses in the U.S.
“The latest Sage small business survey indicates that owners have not only had to reinvent their business model during the past five years, but have also made significant personal sacrifices to keep their operations afloat,” says Connie Certusi, executive vice president and general manager, small business accounting solutions, Sage North America. “Knowing how small businesses have changed their operations during the economic downturn helps Sage develop new and improved solutions that will make their business life easier. We hope to gleam some more insight into what small businesses are planning for the future during the Small Business Administration’s National Small Business Week, of which we are a sponsor.”
Chrylser Commerce Vehicles for Small Biz
This new website is designed especially for the small business owner that requires up to 10 vehicles for day-to-day business use. The site is a valuable resource for all small business owners. It was designed with total cost of ownership in mind, with a built-in vehicle selection slider, allowing the business owner to quickly compare vehicles based on fuel economy, cargo space, towing, passenger capacity and more.
The new website also provides a variety of shopping tools that enable the small business owner to easily build and price a vehicle, search new inventory, schedule a test drive, and find the nearest dealer. The website provides current incentives, trade-in value, financing options, and the tools to get a quote from a dealer and apply for credit. Currently Dodge and Ram Truck brand vehicles are on the site. Chrysler and Jeep® brand vehicles will be added to the website in June.
While small businesses come in all shapes and sizes, business owners have in common an incredible drive to succeed. Starting today, eligible small business owners can submit their success stories to Chrysler Small Business/BusinessLink in the “Declare Your BusinessDrive” contest for a chance to win and select a prize consisting of one of a 2012 Jeep Patriot, Chrysler 200, Dodge Journey, Ram 1500 Tradesman, or Ram Cargo Van. Entry forms and official contest rules are at http://DeclareYourDrive.
5 Issues of Small Biz For the Election by PayChex
- Taxes: Deficit reduction and tax reform are sure to be significant areas of dialogue during the election, especially when considering the potential provisions that could specifically impact small businesses. These provisions include: the continued viability of business structures (such as S-corps) largely intended to provide insulation from certain types of tax; the possible scaling back (or conversely, creation) of certain tax breaks targeted specifically to businesses; the ongoing potential for increased unemployment tax burdens on businesses; and the general question of whether the basic federal business tax rate should be adjusted.
- Overall Regulatory Burden: Another likely election subject will be the degree of existing and proposed regulations facing small businesses and the appropriate balance between business and consumer priorities. In addition to taxes, the existence of a ”business-friendly” environment, also referred to as freedom from undue regulatory burden, is usually seen as a primary factor in a small business owner’s appetite for expanding and/or investing in his or her business.
- Employment Regulations: A particular area of focus this election season will be the topic of worker-focused regulation by the federal government. Such regulations include an increase to the federal minimum wage, the creation of additional ”protected” categories during the hiring process (i.e. the unemployed, those with criminal records or poor credit histories), steps to ease the formation of labor unions, and other items which might not garner broad support from the business community.
- Immigration: Early indications are that immigration policies may be a key point in the election, particularly in select swing states. A key focus of the immigration debate will likely be the extent businesses should play a role in managing and enforcing immigration policy through hiring practices.
- Retirement Security: An item which could emerge as an election issue is the growing concern over the inadequacy of retirement savings for many Americans, and the possible role that some think employers could play in a mandated solution such as an Auto IRA program or other similar option.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Zoho’s Innovation Continues to Help Small Business Start and Scale - February 16, 2018
- How To Use CRM to Create Positive Customer Experiences - February 16, 2018
- Heartwarming Small Business Movie from Intuit Celebrates Small Biz Success - February 2, 2018