Over the weekend I read through Jay Conrad Levinson and Jeannie Levinson’s latest book, “The Best of Guerrilla Marketing“*. This 400+ page book is a treasure for three reasons.
- It’s one of the most complete books on marketing – on a budget that I’ve seen
- The concepts are practical and information rich
- The Levinson’s give anecdotes and stories throughout the book – from the famous to the not so famous
- The book is chock full of lists
- Your not just hearing from the Levinson’s which in itself is awesome, but you’re also hearing from marketing luminaries, such as Seth Godin who make this book even more of a gem.
I’m not going to walk you through “The Best of Guerrilla Marketing” page by page, there’s just too much good stuff inside it.
The book is made up of two parts, one part is by the Levinson’s and gives the basics of Guerrilla Marketing. The 2nd part of the books is by 47 authors and covers “guerrilla marketing” for deal making, writing tips, profits, non profits, green, rainmaking and so many other topics.
The first part of the book is a gold mine of knowledge. Let’s look at the chapter on advertising. There’s a nice list of 50 (yeah FIFTY) things you can do differently in your advertising and there are several other lists. Levinson gives on big tip, such as advertising in the regional edition of a magazine instead of the national edition. The regional edition, targeting your specific prospects is just as impressive using the regional edition and MUCH CHEAPER than the $90,000 cost of the national edition.
I’ve just Amazon.com’s affiliate program and will use referral links form time to time.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- How the Recent Facebook Algorithm Change May Affect Your Business - April 6, 2018
- How AI is Transforming Small Businesses and a Look at Zoho AI - April 5, 2018
- 8 Reasons to Use a Business VPN for Your Online Business - March 26, 2018