Strangely enough, a number of companies don’t have any idea what a shutdown of their IT infrastructures could do to their businesses. Right now, we’re seeing an evergreen shift to IT infrastructures in companies that used to rely on pen and paper. While this change has made things simpler, people have a tendency to take it for granted and not consider the possibility of a disaster.
This month, we’re celebrating and honoring our mothers. Do you have a flower shop? If you do, you’re in trouble if your IT infrastructure won’t properly compensate for heavy orders.
As an example, CEO Dave Laurello of Stratus went to a flower shop a few years ago to show his appreciation to his mother. Unfortunately, the shop did not have the flowers necessary because their server shut down after being overloaded with orders. Are you ready to lose a ton of money because you didn’t make a simple investment in proper IT solutions?
Stratus took a sizable survey of businesses’ attitudes towards their own IT infrastructures. Here are the results:
- 29% of businesses don’t take customer dissatisfaction in consideration as a loss from IT downtime.
- 38% of businesses don’t believe their company’s reputation is at stake when customers experience downtime.
- 81% of businesses don’t consider that they’ll lose goods from downtime, and
- 45% of businesses don’t believe that they’ll lose money when a shutdown happens.
All of these beliefs are myths today. Right now, we’re living in a digital age when almost everyone places orders online. When people rely heavily on the Internet, it’s time to consider making a bigger investment in it.
In some cases, a proper IT infrastructure can be more important to maintain than the cold cement of a building. It’s not rocket science! The new lifeblood of a business now lies in the network cables connecting it to the world. Make an investment in it and never forget that your customers will be happy for it.
Latest posts by Miguel Leiva-Gomez (see all)
- What is ERP? Does It Have a Place In Small Business? - November 7, 2013
- Small Business IP Phone Services: A Guide To Choosing The Right System For Your Business - September 26, 2013
- 3 Services That Help Add A Face to the Name on Your Contact List - September 23, 2013