It’s worth repeating, that Constant Contact started out as a simple service to help small businesses send email marketing campaigns. Today it does a lot more – including surveys, events, local deals and more.
Last week Constant Contact announced the purchase of SinglePlatform a service to help small businesses publish once and ensure their local listing is updated across a variety of web sites including Foursquare, NY Times and more. The SinglePlatform web site does not list all the publishers in their network, but it looks to be of quality – hey the NY Times says it all.
Here’s why it matters:
- Constant Contact is a trusted service provider. The more services they offer the more services their customers and new customers will feel safe about using from Constant Contact.
- You can use so many services, and more to come, with one logon under one platform/interface. Maybe not all the services are setup like this NOW- but I’m sure that MUST be the goal over time.
- Ease of use. Constant Contact’s products are simple to use.
- In regard to the service itself, what’s nice about SinglePlaform is that you can TYPE ONCE and reduce data entry errors as that data is now replicated across other online services.
Smaller companies making great products for small businesses are going to be snapped up by bigger companies such as Constant Contact or VERY BIG companies such as Microsoft.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- Zoho’s Innovation Continues to Help Small Business Start and Scale - February 16, 2018
- How To Use CRM to Create Positive Customer Experiences - February 16, 2018
- Heartwarming Small Business Movie from Intuit Celebrates Small Biz Success - February 2, 2018