For some reason, we think that EVERY teenager is on social media and forsaking email. Sure, MANY are using email, quite a bit, but many are also still actively using email, says a survey by email services company AWweber.
In a survey they took of almost 1,000 high school and college students they found that 93% prefer email and mobile phones, followed by Facebook and other social media sites.
Key take aways from the survey indicate:
- Email remains a valuable channel for teens, used by 93% of the survey participants. Of the 93% of teens with mobile phones, 53% use their phones regularly to access email.
- Younger generations live their lives online, with 91% of teens spending up to 30 hours per week on the Internet.
- Teens quickly adapt to the changing technological landscape. When asked how they would react if their favorite communication channel disappeared, 43% of participants mentioned the ability to easily replace one social network with another.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- FileMaker – Powerful Database That’s Evolved For Today’s Growing Businesses - October 18, 2018
- Why I Hired a Sales Coach & Why You Should, Too - October 11, 2018
- The Advantages of Opening a Merchant Account. A Global Perspective. - October 4, 2018