For some reason, we think that EVERY teenager is on social media and forsaking email. Sure, MANY are using email, quite a bit, but many are also still actively using email, says a survey by email services company AWweber.
In a survey they took of almost 1,000 high school and college students they found that 93% prefer email and mobile phones, followed by Facebook and other social media sites.
Key take aways from the survey indicate:
- Email remains a valuable channel for teens, used by 93% of the survey participants. Of the 93% of teens with mobile phones, 53% use their phones regularly to access email.
- Younger generations live their lives online, with 91% of teens spending up to 30 hours per week on the Internet.
- Teens quickly adapt to the changing technological landscape. When asked how they would react if their favorite communication channel disappeared, 43% of participants mentioned the ability to easily replace one social network with another.
Latest posts by Ramon Ray (see all)
- 4 Tips for Staying Safe on a Public Computer - January 20, 2017
- 5 Tips To Choosing Your Marketing Automation Provider - December 16, 2016
- GoDaddy Enhances Mobile Shopping With ApplePay and Shopping Cart Intelligence - December 14, 2016